british hiphop

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
yo ive been listenin 2 these guys called 'phi life cypher' n all i can say is they lyricall skills is on anotha level, chk da trck callled 'abc'.
man these guys represent 4 real, dey dont put on no fake american accent. id hav 2 xcuse 57th dynasty 4 puttin on da accents but they r heavy despite da weak production dey r gettin.
no 4gettin my man 'roots manuva' hes got heavy lyrical skills 2 but again i feel da production team behind him aint puttin in much effort. this trend seems to apply 2 most uk acts, da rappas can b heavy but r let down by da beats. any1 from da uk or wateva , let me kno wat u think.....

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I think that it is possible to make a hip hop classic.......
right sounds-samples-patterns-production + MC with credibility-real content-flow-connection with hip hop heads everywhere...that's all it takes.....now is that too much to ask for in a classic??? I think it is possible

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
British made Hip Hop is really stepping up now. Everyone should try to hear tracks by Taskforce, Phi Life, Jehst, Terrafirma, Joe Buhdha, Braintax, Yungun, Roots Manuva, Blak Twang, Mud Fam, Lewis Parker, Skitz, Big P, Skeme, Fallacy, Rodney P, Out Da Ville, Karl Hinds, Mystro, Harry Love and many more. Check this page to download some heavy tracks http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/ukhiphopmusic.htm

I would recommend getting the tracks by Scorzayzee, Life, Terrafirma and Klashnekoff.

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by bigdmakintrax
I think that it is possible to make a hip hop classic.......
right sounds-samples-patterns-production + MC with credibility-real content-flow-connection with hip hop heads everywhere...that's all it takes.....now is that too much to ask for in a classic??? I think it is possible

Are you in the right thread or am I missing something here? ;)

C

Copenhagen

Any of you UK heads have Blak Twang's 'Queens Head'. I remember hearing this song when it came out many years ago but not being able to find it in the stores...seeing that I couldn't find it I just wanted it more and more. Today, I can't even remember it but in my mind I still think it's a banger that I've got to have...and would therefore love to hear it to see if my memory of it is way off.

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I haven't got ''Queens Head'' but I have heard it a few times and it is a really good track but very hard to get! You might be able to download it somewhere.

T

the_terrorist

i think "The Paperboys" are brittish im not sure, but "trust me" is a fuckin amaaaazing song