Canada

• beat this! voting starts in...

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
oh my.... I saw some funny stuff on French/German Tv couple of weeks ago, twas 'bout a HipHop group from Quebec, 2 Mcs and 1 Dj.... they had songs about an independent Quebec in an awfull French language.... the Dj even cuttet some politicans in the song... It seems like they were pretty succesfull. Here are some Canadians in, so : DO you know thes guys? I forgot the name, but I'd like to know more....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Quebec rap sucks. LOL. The French rap groups from Quebec have good beats, but I can't understand what they're saying. I speak French, but when they rap I'm totally lost.

The group you saw could have been Dubmatique. I don't know many of the French groups, so they're the only ones I know with 2 MC's and 1 DJ.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Ya, most french rap is pretty terrbible... mostly because the mc's seem so off with there lyrics.. there's some decent songs I've heard here and there... but ya Dubmatique is probably the only successful independant hiphop group here.. however Sixtoo of the Sebutones moved in and he's got a position on Ninja Tune, so hopefully that does some good for the community.

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, migth be them, but those lyrics and theire opinions where so "national" and patriotic... I don't think they should use HipHop in that way... Imagine a Scottish Mc, tryin to battle the Queen of England :D

M

Myndz

I dunno guys but i feel like montreal hip hop scene keeps gettin better & better. U got groups like Obscure Disorder makin a name & are gettin airplay in the U.S.I think the anglophone hip hop scene in montreal is far more better than the french scene. But i dont think it sucks. Muzion, a french canadian group, are gettin mad airplay and are sellin solid units. U also got le 83, Les Architeks that's makin noise. & plenty more. I dunno if u guys have been livin under a rock lately but things are starting to look good round here.

Shit i feel like montreal rap scene is on the rise.

My 2 cents

Holla

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Montreal is definetly not the place to make it in the music business. Unless you push yourself 1000% and do mad shows, chances of getting anywhere here are slim.

M

Myndz

Yup ,might be true, but the quality has been steady for quite a while now.

members online