Interviews Carlimo Da Don Interview

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
carlimo.jpg

Born on December 16, 1980, Cairo Egypt Guest aka Carlimo Da Don. Carlimo was first introduced to music when he was a small child and picked up quickly on it as he sang on his church choir. Carlimo also played first section trombone as he attended middle and high school. This musically talented man was drawn to hip hop back in 1999 as he was part of a LKS Entertainment until 2007.

Carlimo has a total of 6 mixtape albums in his accomplishments as well as an official music video titled "Swagger Jacker". Da Don Dada aka Carlimo has participated in early stages of artist development projects for over at least three other persons. Carlimo is also a winner of the "One Mic Monday" competition in Charlotte N.C. This well polished athlete in music has made auditions for the B.E.T. Freestyle/WOW competition. Local strip club king D.J. Cat X said "I don't understand why I don't have you in rotation? Give me your music now"!! Carlimo is managed by Edward Esquire Williams, and also works with Writer's Ink. "The sky is the limit" says manager Esquire "Carlimo is the hottest out of the south that is hands down"! Carlimo works with a list of producers which include Yung Shun, D-Shine, Young Frank, Big Xae and DJ KL.

I have found Carlimo's music to be infectious and full of energy from the first time I heard it, it isn't exactly "Crunk" but it will get you that way. I think he had the first song I played on the first Carolina Cuts show and since having hooked up with him on Facebook he has added plenty of his material to the rotation. Here he takes a brief moment to answer some questions for us. Be sure to check him out!

Can you introduce yourself?

Carlimo Da Don aka Trap Newton aka Dizzy Don Hasselhoff.

Where in the Carolinas are you located?

Da Trap.

How would you describe your style?

Super-Talented Down South story teller.

Who or what would you say are your main influences?

Tupac, Biggie, Nas, Three 6 Mafia, Yo Gotti.

What was your first song that you dropped?

"Pull On Ova" produced by BigXae.

How many songs do you have completed?

200 or better.

What is your favorite group?

Three Six Mafia, NWA, Outkast.

Who would you like to work with?

Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Kelly Rowland, Black Eyed Peas, 2Chainz, TI.

What was your greatest accomplishment?

Charlotte Music Award Best Hip Hop male.

What do you like to do when you're not recording?

Make money, chill wit the ladies, play PS3, getting SHELLBELL.

What do you think about the current state of Hip Hop?

I love the current state of Hip Hop due to the rise of the underground artists. This current state allows the underground artists a chance to make it in this industry. It's money to be made you just gotta figure out how you're gonna make it. BLICKUP.

Will you be touring in the future?

My future is filled with success so I will be touring around the world these next 2 years. The name of my first album will be entitled "Bale Boy Theory" by August of 2012. Along wit a few more mixtapes released online.

Any shout outs?

Thanks to God, my mother and father, shout out IllMuzik, Leomenza, Bale Boy Music Group, Team Blickup, MsLB, Big Deezy, Esquire, Mystro, Young Dirt, CUZCUZ, Beatty, Bettie Grind, 4Vision, Boss Bellz, Q. Caine, Jknow, DJ Polo, Trump, 100 Kilo Rico, DJ Xae$ki, Mike Shelton, No Limit Larry, J Prag, Prince Sci, Gametyme, Jerz Lyric, Trap City, HIDDEN VALLEY MY MOTHERFUCKING PLUG!!!!

members online