Chalkboard - Classical Music Flip

Nice work. Like your string samples and drum pattern. I would just say the bass doesn’t fit well and sounds very distant muffled also.

If you knew the amount of times I’m part way through a beat then go and scrap the whole bass to fit my new beat creation. The bass often carry’s the beat / production whether simplistic or complex but it has to sit right sonically.

I might have a go at that sample, nice (y)

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Nice work. Like your string samples and drum pattern. I would just say the bass doesn’t fit well and sounds very distant muffled also.

If you knew the amount of times I’m part way through a beat then go and scrap the whole bass to fit my new beat creation. The bass often carry’s the beat / production whether simplistic or complex but it has to sit right sonically.

I might have a go at that sample, nice (y)
Thanks for the feedback!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Serious RZA vibes on this!

Love the intro and the way you chopped the vibrato and plucked strings.

To InsideOut's point - the bass sounds like it may be in stereo or have some sort of chorus on it. Having it centred in the mix will definitely help with it's presence and punch.

Would love to hear a classic, chopped up break beat under all this. It would definitely give it that gritty old school vibes. Doubling/layering the pianos and spreading it across the stereo field could give this some more epic vibes (if that's a vibe you're going for).

Nice work!

members online