Clipping above my mixing IQ

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Thanks man, well it depends how you look at things...if you need validation from the whole forum, than try to win and change the strategy...if not stick to your own agenda, if your beat catch my attention next battle i will call you out and tell you about it...knowing that a couple of members liked my beat...thats enough for me, i dont need the whole forum to like my beat, it would be nice dont get me wrong...but if only one person called me out and said i did a good job, thats enough...i cant please everybody...you know what i mean...

Thanks man, well it depends how you look at things...if you need validation from the whole forum, than try to win and change the strategy...if not stick to your own agenda, if your beat catch my attention next battle i will call you out and tell you about it...knowing that a couple of members liked my beat...thats enough for me, i dont need the whole forum to like my beat, it would be nice dont get me wrong...but if only one person called me out and said i did a good job, thats enough...i cant please everybody...you know what i mean...
One thing I learned long ago is you can make beats that are both equally loved and hated, thats when you realise that trying to please everybody is a waste of time. We would all like people to enjoy our music, as artists we have to ask ourselves are we making the music for us, or for everybody else. I make the music for me, if others like it thats a bonus. Ultimately Im experimenting with my own sound on every beat I make. I fuck things up and make mistakes, I make great discoveries along the way, I get some feedback that makes me see something I did in a new way that I wasnt seeing before. Im happy as long as Im getting better at my craft, Id love for everybody to love what Im doing, but thats never going to happen and would make me complacent and big headed if it ever did. Im enough of an arsehole as it is, nobody wants that believe me.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
One thing I learned long ago is you can make beats that are both equally loved and hated, thats when you realise that trying to please everybody is a waste of time. We would all like people to enjoy our music, as artists we have to ask ourselves are we making the music for us, or for everybody else. I make the music for me, if others like it thats a bonus. Ultimately Im experimenting with my own sound on every beat I make. I fuck things up and make mistakes, I make great discoveries along the way, I get some feedback that makes me see something I did in a new way that I wasnt seeing before. Im happy as long as Im getting better at my craft, Id love for everybody to love what Im doing, but thats never going to happen and would make me complacent and big headed if it ever did. Im enough of an arsehole as it is, nobody wants that believe me.
exactly, your an old but wise man with back problems...you know what you are talking about... :facts::brofist::cocaine:dope new emojis huh?

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166

I have been playing /experimenting with music since very young... And my parents have never been really supportive of that and my friends rather laugh at my stuff than be encouraging.
I never intended to have any success with my shit and I never think of it.

I just do music. I write songs, compose, record, cook beats, rap, play the guitar, sound design just for the sake of doing it. I know I should focus on just one if I wanted to get any good at it. But that's not what I'm after.

I'm only after the feel of freedom I get in front of a blank daw. And I'm not letting the urge to please other people take that freedom away from me.

To some people here, music is part of their job or they are trying to get there. And I wish making music was my full-time job as well. But I know that's not happening. Making music is like breathing, it's something I need to do. I have never asked myself "should I stop?"... Being bad at it doesn't even mean anything. I do it cause that's where my fun is.

I like it if people enjoy my music. I'm flattered of course, but there's no way I could change what I do to get more of it. I couldn't if I tried.

Edit : :micdrop:

Last edited:
I have been playing /experimenting with music since very young... And my parents have never been really supportive of that and my friends rather laugh at my stuff than be encouraging.
I never intended to have any success with my shit and I never think of it.

I just do music. I write songs, compose, record, cook beats, rap, play the guitar, sound design just for the sake of doing it. I know I should focus on just one if I wanted to get any good at it. But that's not what I'm after.

I'm only after the feel of freedom I get in front of a blank daw. And I'm not letting the urge to please other people take that freedom away from me.

To some people here, music is part of their job or they are trying to get there. And I wish making music was my full-time job as well. But I know that's not happening. Making music is like breathing, it's something I need to do. I have never asked myself "should I stop?"... Being bad at it doesn't even mean anything. I do it cause that's where my fun is.

I like it if people enjoy my music. I'm flattered of course, but there's no way I could change what I do to get more of it. I couldn't if I tried.

Edit : :micdrop:
I admire your mindset as a musician. but to be honest, I like to matter. I love each of my songs or hell, even the notes in my songs as they're my children and I want my child to be the greatest, I want it to be heard by everyone or make a change in the world, you get me? Like Kanye west or Billie Eilish or Vivaldi or ... I want to change things before I turn to worm food.

members online