Common “Used To Love Her” Remix by Sole Element

The pella is off on the Common remix, line up the original with your remix, match tempo then line up the acapella with the original, once its perfectly aligned remove the original as its no longer needed. I do this when Im having trouble aligning an acapella.

On the J Cole one I agree with Memento, that claps stands right out and the timing is off. It all becomes a load of overlapping noise that distracts from and overpowers the vocal

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Thanks for the feedback! @2GooD Productions yeah I could’ve swore it was on lol but I fixed it and it made a big difference. I had to do a lot of slicing and tempo adjustments on differently parts which is wierd to me unless I’m not aligning them right or getting correct tempo?

Thanks for the feedback! @2GooD Productions yeah I could’ve swore it was on lol but I fixed it and it made a big difference. I had to do a lot of slicing and tempo adjustments on differently parts which is wierd to me unless I’m not aligning them right or getting correct tempo?
Small differences in swing can clash causing some drums not to hit together at the same tome. You will get better over time. The noise thing I mentioned was more in relation to the layering of samples, there is a lot of frequency clash and frequency masking happening because off too much happening all at the same time, try thinning out some of the chops so they sit in their own frequency space. Maybe sidechaining one to compress or dynamic eq the other, or just some careful eq sculpting so the sounds compliment each other and dont clash. Its really hard not to have clashing with so many chops doing slightly different things playing at the same time creating a cacophony of noise thats hard to follow

members online