Cool J. Productions

COOL J.

Battle Points: 10
Hello everyone! I am Cool J. Dancer, actor, producer, song writer, stylist and graphic artist. During quarantine, I decided to teach my self how to produce music. I am a lover of music so it was a fun experience. I joined a master class which I am still in and learning everyday. I am only 4 months to the game but I feel my music gravitates towards Future Bass meets RnB kinda sorta lol. I welcome all critiques, well wishes and blessing. (and money) lol just kidding. I look forward to getting to know whomever wants to know me.
Be Blessed. :)
Cool J. Productions

P.S. Just to warn everyone...I am told I can be a little "extra" and sometimes "bougie" . II agree 100%. I like to produce but I live off the PRODUCTION.

COOL J.

Hello @Fade ! Thanks for the reply. I taught myself the entire Adobe Suite because I am in Brand Management. So I use it frequently for work. I look back on it and laugh but my first arrangement was done in ADOBE premiere pro. Premier is not even close to a DAW but I somehow managed lol. Right moe I use Adobe Audition. Sometimes the best software on Splice . I have tried all he big brand name DAWs abd I think they make it so difficult. Way too many buttons and etc. however, I am old fashioned. I am 47 and Just started this 4 months ago. But I do have a history with music. So yeah, Adobe Audition

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hello @Fade ! Thanks for the reply. I taught myself the entire Adobe Suite because I am in Brand Management. So I use it frequently for work. I look back on it and laugh but my first arrangement was done in ADOBE premiere pro. Premier is not even close to a DAW but I somehow managed lol. Right moe I use Adobe Audition. Sometimes the best software on Splice . I have tried all he big brand name DAWs abd I think they make it so difficult. Way too many buttons and etc. however, I am old fashioned. I am 47 and Just started this 4 months ago. But I do have a history with music. So yeah, Adobe Audition
LOL premiere pro! I never thought someone would do a beat in that, but it's essentially a daw. Audition is great to get the job done though.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @COOL J. and where are you from and how do you balance dancing, acting, producing, song writing, styling and being a graphic artist? You may want to connect with another graphic artist @OneHipSista and for producing R&B advice @hezekiah

COOL J.

Bruh Crog uses garageband and it bothers me.
Well hello to you to @Iron Keys . I plan to bring everything with me due to the fact that EDM, House, techno and many other genres was all influenced by Hip Hop music. Wether your anyone’s using Garbageband, Abelton or 2 sticks if you don’t know “best practices” of production, whatever DAW someone uses shouldn’t bother you or anyone else as long as it gets the job done as @Fade said. If I am seeing that correctly that comment was to me?? So perhaps we can start this thread over. Hello I am Cool J. It’s a pleasure meeting you.... Thanks for the welcome... Bruh
Sincerely,
Bougie J.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I haven't touched Garage Band in ages! But it doesn't matter though, I always think about Apollo Brown that still uses Cool Edit Pro and his beats are dope.

COOL J.

Welcome @COOL J. and where are you from and how do you balance dancing, acting, producing, song writing, styling and being a graphic artist? You may want to connect with another graphic artist @OneHipSista and for producing R&B advice @hezekiahthe
Welcome @COOL J. and where are you from and how do you balance dancing, acting, producing, song writing, styling and being a graphic artist? You may want to connect with another graphic artist @OneHipSista and for producing R&B advice @hezekiah
Hello @OGBama . Thank you for the welcome. Thanks for the reply. To answer your question. I don’t do them all At the same time. They have all had it have their seasons. When I was younger I worked with MTV on their dance show Global Grooves. I had a break dancing group that traveled with mostly gigs in the south. I danced with Prince, Ce Ce Piniston and was hired to dance at a few circuit parties in Miami.
I have been acting since I was 13. Mostly theater most recently I was booked by HBO to be onset for ‘Watchman “ and “Outsiders” with Steven king as director. He chose me to be the bartender. Then Netflix “Insatiable “ “Saints & Sinners” on TvOne, “Snapped” and a few other smaller things all last summer. I traveled back and forth to Atlanta. I am from Louisville Kentucky home of the Kentucky Derby. My profession is in Brand Management, I had clients from Tom Brady to Mary J. Bilge, salt n pepa, kid rock the list is endless. I was a stylist for them for 6 years when they came into town. Not Tom Brady but we did go to Derby together he comes every year. Well not last year due to C19. Song writing comes easy for me cause I love to write poems and short stories (if you can’t tell lol) I have written all of my songs but never produced or engendered them. My producer past away 5 years ago. So during quarantine, I decided to teach myself. So I am new at it. I am Currently in a master class with Illfactor to learn more. Graphic art comes with the territory of marketing/sales and etc under Brand management. I hope this answers your question as to how I find the time? I decided a long time ago that I am gonna do whatever I like to. Luckily I am blessed to be able to look back with no regrets. But my story is still bring written. Cheers

COOL J.

I haven't touched Garage Band in ages! But it doesn't matter though, I always think about Apollo Brown that still uses Cool Edit Pro and his beats are dope.

Oh and I didn’t realize that everyone can read others comments. My apologies if I said something not cool. I thought it was a direct message from you. I didn’t know how the platform works until now. My fault ‍♂️

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh and I didn’t realize that everyone can read others comments. My apologies if I said something not cool. I thought it was a direct message from you. I didn’t know how the platform works until now. My fault ‍♂️
No worries. Yeah this is public posts then there's private messages.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
What @COOL J. was the name of your breakdancing group and what's the name of your brand management company?