Copyright Company Name

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I wanted to know how does someone go about copyriting a company name and how do you know if someone else out there has your company name or something similar? Any info on this topic would be appreciated because we ran into some problems where someone called us on an unknown number and said that were using thier company name.....how would i know if the name is taken?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
There have been a lot of threads posted about copyright. Use the SEARCH engine right at the top of this page (Home/User CP/SEARCH/Members/FAQ/Signup/Logoout) to find all the different messages posted about copyright.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THEY HAVE A PAGE WHERE THEY LIST EVERYTHING THATS COPYRIGHTED...I THINK ITS ON THE COPYRIGHT SITE.WHERE U GET THE FORMS.

TELL EM CiTY SENT YA!!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
It won't exactly be a copyright, you should get a trademark, they(U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) do a search....there are guidlines for a trademark, like just the name and also the logo...and how it will be used....you submit it and they do a search to see if there is a trademark already registered.....there are two different fees associated....one is like $300 and the other is $600...I did one about a year ago it might be different now.....the one thing is if they find a name that is already registered the money is not refundable I don't think because the fee is for them to do the search and register it....go do a search on google for trademarks and patents...you can find the U.S. Patent and Trademark )Office site it will give you the lowdown on all of that.....but sorry to hear that someone called you because if they did get it trademarked, then you would legally have to stop using it or face a lawsuit....

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Ok the name of our company was Highest Grade Ent. and they claim that its thier name and they have been using it but what i was wondering if we changed our name to Hyest Graid Ent. or Hyest Grade-A Ent. would that be illegal or something?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Now thatz more doable than flipping a sample, yeah I think if you change the spelling and how you moved it around, you can do that...the best thing is go to the website or even call em to find out....but I think you can do that...but if you find out they didn't trademark theirs you could still trademark it and then give them a call, now that would be grimy....hahaha!

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
wheres the number to call the trademark people whoever they are. so i can find out about how to go about this trademark thing.....you said it costs money to find out if the name is taken and money to trademark it if its not..........and that would be grimy to call em like ok now you can stop using my name now cause its trademarked muuhuhuhaha!

members online