COWBOY BEBOP Anime “Endless Bloodletting” InsideOutBeats

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Finally got around to working with the classic anime series COWBOY BEBOP :

Great use of dialogues and melodies. I don't know this series but it sure gave you material to work with. I feel the that the main drum loop feels a bit rushed (could be intentionally) and gets quite repetitive.

Great use of dialogues and melodies. I don't know this series but it sure gave you material to work with. I feel the that the main drum loop feels a bit rushed (could be intentionally) and gets quite repetitive.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah could have done with a drum change up after the ‘chorus’. I did intend for the beat to have urgency for the action of the series.

Thanks for pointing out the repetitiveness as it’s so important to keep the listener interested, need to keep that in mind more often.

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
I absolutely know zero about anime so I won't comment about that.
The vocal clips aint really my bag but the beat is coo. I would also like to hear the bassline a little more.
Further on, you've gotten a lot better since I last tapped in. Hell yeah.

That bass seems to be an octave too high, there is no substance to the kick, there is nothing filling out the low end. Leaves it feeling midsy.
Sounds a bit busy with the beat and the bass, and it does get a bit repetitive. Would probably sound a lot better if something filled in the low end, like the kick, and everything didnt seem to be coming from the midrange to high range frequencies.
Same creativity as usual with the vocal chops, but sometimes less is more, like womens makeup. Have intention in the parts you chop, be specific in whatever they are saying to deliver the message in the shortest period of time. This is just an opinion, you can do whatever the fuck you like, thats what creativity is about, BUT as a listener that is interpreting your art, I like things to be straight to the point, no beating around the bush, so the emcee, if they ever jump on the beat isnt being outshone by the cinematics, for no better way of putting it, or just getting confused by what you are trying to say because the vocal chops arent quite specific and seem more like filler than delivering a point or a message.
Carry on doing what you are doing, you will just keep getting better by doing it. The more you "go in" on a sample, the more creative you will get and the better your skills at manipulating samples will get.
I personally use the womans makeup technique, less is more, be specific, because timing can be a motherfucker. Because the way you sample reminds me of me a long time ago, just thought Id share the way I go about sampling movie or tv quotes. Keep it simple, keep it concise. But like I said, do what you like, just by keeping on doing it, you will only get better.

@2GooD Productions, ‘like women’s make up’ - agreed on that piece of Knowledge!

Less is more sometimes and I have had beats I’m happy with then start fucking about with this plug-in that plug-in thinking I’m improving it when it suddenly sounds nothing like what I was previously happy with. Learnt to only add if it’s really needed.

Totally agree with the mid to high range on this one now you point it out and the low end.

With the filler vocal parts I’m actually not producing all of these for a rapper to jump on if you get me. Take Labyrinth, just a classic old film from my childhood, enjoyed revisiting it editing and chopping vocals but never produced for a rapper. It’s more my own personal tribute.

I’m always sending a message in these but probably not picked up by many as it’s my mental projection and we’re all on different wave lengths.

Suppose that’s the great thing about any form of art, 100 interpreting could get 100 different interpretations and thats all good, that’s art.

Great feedback as always, and thanks for the in-depth explanation. Much appreciated man learnt a lot from your feedback.

members online