Damn Metric System...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BoogieMan

I found this over at retardedfun.com and thought it was hilarious. Kinda takes the 'kewlness' out of it, eh?

8mile.jpg

I can see a joke building from this...

A tourist in Europe drives up to a petrol station and asks for directions. The man at the station tells him that where he wants to go is just North of here about 12.872 Kilometers, or 8 miles. The driver says to him, "Well, I'm kind of in a hurry. Could you tell me how to take the route that is only 8 miles?"

LOL!

C

Copenhagen

We can agree that the movie wouldn't have done as well with that name...but I don't understand why everybody doesn't use the logical metric system instead of inches, feet, miles and pounds etc...

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

In England people are weighed in stones as well as pounds. 1 stone = 14 pounds.

I weigh 155 pounds, so in England I would weigh 11 stones 1 pound.

Don't know if everyone there does this, though, I haven't lived there for a few years.

Take care,

Nick

B

BoogieMan

We can agree that the movie wouldn't have done as well with that name...but I don't understand why everybody doesn't use the logical standard system instead of centimeters, meters, kilometers and kilograms etc... :p

SpLitPerSonaliT: Thanks. Im just thankful they're not your balls. :p

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by BoogieMan
...but I don't understand why everybody doesn't use the logical standard system instead of centimeters, meters, kilometers and kilograms etc... :p

Which logical standard system is there other than the metric system?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
im SO glad u guys werent my math teachers i might have went to summer school more than once

B

BoogieMan

Copenhagen: In American we call it the Standard system. Inches, feet, yards, miles, etc... We do use the metric system for some things, but mostly its standard.

Guevara: I agree. :p I hate math!

C

Copenhagen

BoogieMan, so why don't you understand why everybody doesn't use your standard system? I only think it's USA, UK...and what Canada and Australia perhaps that uses this system. Why should the rest of the world change? Also, the metric system is logical and easy. 10 millimeters = 1 centimeter, 100 centimeters = 1 meter, 1000 meters = 1 kilometer...how can that be more difficult than working with uneven numbers etc?

I'm not trying to kick you in the balls here :) I'm just questioning how the 'standard' system is more logical.

B

BoogieMan

Copenhagen: This started as a humorous thread and it seems like you're trying to goad me into a debate on who's right and who's wrong. Fact is, no one is right or wrong. U have your system and we have ours. Each one serves its own purpose. You grew up with the metric system so thats what you're used to. I grew up on the standard system, so thats what I'm used to. To me, the metric system is confusing and useless. To you, the standard system is confusing and useless. So can you see where this is going?

Copenhagen said: Why should the rest of the world change?

I never said the rest of the world should change. You were the one to imply that with your statement.

Copenhagen said: I don't understand why everybody doesn't use the logical metric system instead of inches, feet, miles and pounds etc...

And I dont doubt the metric system seems logical and easy for you to use. But the standard system is just fine for me. So, since this thread has now become useless to reply to, please end it here.

FADE! CLOSE THIS THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online