Deep Mysteries

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5

Just finished cooking this one, it is still pretty hot :D

Tried something new, maybe it'll work, maybe not. Share you feedback please and thanks.

Good job.
I think it takes a bit too long until the (good) counter melody is introduced. I would add at least one other instrument to change it up a bit more.
With my Bose in-ear-plugs it feels like the kick / 808 is overpowering the rest of the beat. What I also like to hear in this types of beats is to drop out the 808 and replace it with a synth bass for some sections of the track.

I'm with @Kane the MOD on this one, bass is overpowering, I also think like he said about dropping the 808 style bass occasionally, or even just once, and replace it with something else for a section. The sound that comes in from the very beginning is a bit dominant in the mix and has some annoying harmonics about it. The annoying frequencies would clash with a vocal and I would recommend a bell shaped EQ cut in the higher mid frequencies to tame it and give room for vocals. Also even just take it out completely at some point, like a change up, and replace it with something else for a little while. Just little changes that keep things interesting as the track progresses. It only takes some really subtle changes to make a repetitive beat more interesting. Concentrating on the ends of each 8 and 16 bars and putting changes there is a great place to start when making a basic loop into a full track and developing some song structure.

members online