Definitely new here, here to network

Hello All,

I'm here to network and share my instrumental production. I do not produce my music for rappers. That is more of a byproduct. Instead making instrumental music is therapy for me as an artform.

You can listen to my work at the following:
Youtube: www.youtube.com/scoe3000
Instagram: @keepfuckingscrolling

Thanks and look forward to listening to everyone elses music here too.

-scoe
Welcome to the family brother ... i kinda understand you, but at the same time i dont. do you produce hip hop music too ? because u cant make hip hop music and not want an artist on ur beat. beats are made for rappers.

@ArvinArmani I have to disagree here. What about beat tapes? Most of the time these are albums only with beats without rappers. Besides there are many kinds of beats also in rap music and not all of them can be used by rappers. For example typical beat battle beats are often too overpacked with sounds and are full of changes in arrangement leaving no space for the rapper (at least they should be to keep the attention of the listener). What is more nowadays a lot of people make only beats without having rappers on them. Look at this whole lo-fi trend. Usually those tracks are only beats with no vocals and as far as I know lo-fi is also a subgenre of hip hop. Also a lot of famous producers like 9th Wonder or J Dilla released albums only with beats. :D Furthermore, he clearly stated that he uses music as a form of therapy and apparently he is not interested in collaboration with rappers. He underlined that it is more of a byproduct. And last but not least, if someone makes rap beats only for the purpose of their own entertainment, should the lack of a rapper prevent them from doing it? ;)

@ArvinArmani I have to disagree here. What about beat tapes? Most of the time these are albums only with beats without rappers. Besides there are many kinds of beats also in rap music and not all of them can be used by rappers. For example typical beat battle beats are often too overpacked with sounds and are full of changes in arrangement leaving no space for the rapper (at least they should be to keep the attention of the listener). What is more nowadays a lot of people make only beats without having rappers on them. Look at this whole lo-fi trend. Usually those tracks are only beats with no vocals and as far as I know lo-fi is also a subgenre of hip hop. Also a lot of famous producers like 9th Wonder or J Dilla released albums only with beats. :D Furthermore, he clearly stated that he uses music as a form of therapy and apparently he is not interested in collaboration with rappers. He underlined that it is more of a byproduct. And last but not least, if someone makes rap beats only for the purpose of their own entertainment, should the lack of a rapper prevent them from doing it? ;)
my point is that beats are mainly made to serve rappers, it's not the other way (well except in mumble rap). there's nothin wrong with beats that don't have rappers, but beats better have a purpose, the purpose may be a sad rap song with a rapper, or a instrumental that can be played in videos or smth, or ... anyways, it should have a purpose, if you want therapy, go play an instrument. instruments can easily convert your emotions to music, beats should have a purpose.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @scoe and do you not make beats for rappers 'cause many are flakey and just want to flex for Instagram e.g. pretend they are famous, wealthy, etc.?

Welcome to ill, a man after my own heart. Networking is what it is all about. Im similar in that I make music for me, my own enjoyment. I gave up relying on others years ago. Although I have done plenty of collabs, it might sound cringe to many, but I honestly enjoy listening to the music I have made over the years, mostly instrumentals.

I agree with memento, instrumentals were around long before vocals were, and especially before anybody rapped a word. It will be here long after too. Even when I was deep into rap in the late 80's and early 90's it was always about the beats for me, the lyrics always took second place for me. You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but never all the people all of the time. I dont even think you can please all the people ever, because everybody is different and gets different things from the "art" that they consume. I learned years ago after having beats equally loved and hated that trying to please everybody is fruitless, now I try to please myself.

I agree with memento, instrumentals were around long before vocals were, and especially before anybody rapped a word. It will be here long after too. Even when I was deep into rap in the late 80's and early 90's it was always about the beats for me, the lyrics always took second place for me. You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but never all the people all of the time. I dont even think you can please all the people ever, because everybody is different and gets different things from the "art" that they consume. I learned years ago after having beats equally loved and hated that trying to please everybody is fruitless, now I try to please myself.

Wise words sir :) I had similar attitude towards lyrics in musik but it has changed when I started singing. :p Personally, I'm kind of a weird guy. I only respect something when I try it. I had the same thing with making beats. I thought it would be very easy to make beats but soon I learned the hard way that I would need to learn a lot of things. :D

I totally agree with the fact that it is not possible to please everybody and it is completely pointless to even try to do it. I think the best and the hardest thing to do is to stop caring what others think and just do your thing.

Do you know what's interesting? The guy just introduced himself and it started quite a long dispute. XDDDD