Do you agree with "the media"?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Here we go again with "the media". Personally I agree with the public having the right to know but should the media be allowed to put their own twist on it?

To me its like telling you a lie and then saying "well you dont have to believe it" when its obvious that they are "doctoring" the story.

We remember the dark photos of OJ that surfaced when he was accused of murder. We remember the airplanes hitting the twin towers and going to war with Iraq. We've seen the Vanity Fair photos of Tiger Woods with no shirt, wearing a tobogin and looking rough. There are countless events that the media has "altered" to make a story more interesting or profitable but is that right?

I think the media should report worldly affairs but it should be as unbiased as possible. People rely heavily on information and the worse kind of information is biased information. I think we should be able to make our own conclusions first instead of being "lead" to feel one way or another.

What do you all think?

dac

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
How can they be a cog in the wheel of control if they are unbiased?

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Ya exactly. Obviously media should be unbiased, however no such thing exists. It's also interesting to note that 'media' is just another word for business. These are BIG corporations, and all they really want to do is make a buck, in fact billions of them.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
why the hell would any of us decide to follow "the media" anyway? its all worthless info as far as im concerned. they basically tell you "be scared of this" "think of this person, they did something" every single day. im too busy with my own life for that bullshit if ya feel me.
if your still lookin inside the box, you aint grindin right.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
How can they be a cog in the wheel of control if they are unbiased?

Exactly, but removing the cog won't take away the need to know whats happening around the world on an unbiased veiwpoint.

Information is needed to stay current on world affairs, the biased opinions of whoever is delivering it isn't.

Theres not much that can be done other than people start turning their heads to biased info and/or someone starting an unbiased veiwpoint program that will only deliver the facts. IMO, one of the toughest things a man could ever accomplish would be getting everybody on the same page.

Wishful thinking huh?

dac

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
The news is influenced heavily by politics. The news we receive is presented in a way that leads the viewer to a conclusion that supports that news media outlets interests.

Fox news for example regularly presents their "news" with a right wing spin. They downplay bad news for the republican party while editing photo's, videos, and taking quotes out of context to position their arguments against their political opponents.

Just like how all of the war in iraq news coverage (when it had just started) was filtered to a degree where the american people didn't see any of the true horrors of war. There was no close up action of the brutality and reality of war, it was explosions and battles seen from a distance. That's how they control public outcry, cuz there definitely would have been larger protests if you saw people being killed in this war from your living room TV.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think a lot of it is the viewers fault too though. If the masses didn't follow it so much, that stuff wouldn't be so biased. TV is all about ratings man.

I don't know if you guys caught Leno in Oprah but he broke a lot of it down in that interview. He was mostly addressing the situation between he and Conan but what he was saying was parallel to news media. They tell the stories that people want to hear in the way the want to hear it. When you wanna cut through the spin and the bias, CPAN and NPR man...

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My thoughts on the Media = Half Truths and Trick Knowledge....... Dont believe the hype son word as bond.

The media is not unbiased. Since the corporatisation of the media sources its no longer unbiased.
Every newspaper has its political bias, and its continuing in the tv news media like fox news.
Where opinion is being reported as news. I have a link to a great comedy sketch regarding your typical news item, I'll post that very soon. I only saw it yesterday, but its funny.
The news media is being used to brainwash us into being scared of the latest "fear".
Ill start a little list so you can see what Im talking about.....
Ill start with the commies, its a good place to start.
So theres Castro, The Russians, Vietnam, Korea, and wherever else the red menace showed its head,
Nuclear war, - Benefits weapons manufacturers
Aids, - Benefits Pharmaceutical Industry
Ozone Layer, - Benefits Land Grab opportunities in the name of conservation
Y2K, - Im not sure who got rich off this one, but we payed for it.
Bird Flu, - Benefits Pharmaceutical Industry
Islamic Fundamentalism, - Benefits Oil Industry, Military, Government land grabs,
Terrorists, - same as above and allows the taking away of hard earned in blood priveledges of freedom. Increases tyranny at home.
Saddam Hussein - Same as above.
Swine Flu - Benefits Pharmaceutical Industry
Economic Crisis, created by and for the banking interests.

All these things benefit the Industrial Complex(Pharmaceutical, Industrial(government), Oil, Banking, Military)
And they are all at our expense. Either in lives, blood or money.
The news is the biggest tool in social manipulation, and social engineering along with soap operas that instill an idea in the mind of how people are supposed to live.

Newspapers were invented to guide public opinion, any impartiality the media once had, is now lost along with the industry's independence.

Im gonna dig up and post a few links to some funny and interesting clips...
But you already know, me and corporate media dont see eye to eye.

Is Jay Leno a Commercial......http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2010/01/13

Generic News Report.....http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2010/01/28

Totally Off Topic just for fun......http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2010/01/29

Another off topic, but one of the dopest things ive ever seen....
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2010/01/12
I think I might give that last one its own thread.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I agree Dac (havent read erbody else yet) but the thing is it used to be 3 networks so they really just had to tell it like it was, there is only so much news out there and the cable shit is 24-7 so they have to fill up the time with something for advertisers and where THAT money comes from tends to put the spin on it.
I mean they have to do SOMETHING with the time right?

Ironically I used to bitch about the fact that they just threw problems at us with no solutions, no I think I would rather it be the other way again.

I dont trust the "media" anymore...
The only things I can take for true is what I gather from various sources and then form an opinion on it.
That doesnt mean taking it from various like minded sources either.

When we went to Iraq I was trying to tune into Al Jazeera to see what was happening an they were being blocked pretty well over here.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
History and media are both unreliable, straight up 1984 shit.

members online