Dream line up....

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
Ok...I was bored and I thought this would be quite an interesting question to ask (for both emcees and producers). Ok, imagine this....your signed by any label of your choice and they've agreed to give you full creative control. They're able to get anybody in the industry to work with you (including buying masters, etc from passed away artists) and you have been given a choice of picking 5 artists to appear on your album (whether they're rappers, singers, DJ's or producers to collaborate with)....

what label would you sign to and who would you put onto the album (leave a reason why for each as well, so we dont just get another post filled with lists)?

My personal choices would be:

Label: Low Life Records - A cool UK hiphop label with some nice UK talent signed to it. They put out mix CD's of artists and they generally just seem like good peoples.

Artists:
1) Masta Ace - One of the best ever to hit the mic. Complete classic emcee that always puts out a quality joint. He would deff. add some class to the album.

2) Braintax - A UK emcee from Leeds with such a dope flow and nice rhymes that it makes you wanna flip. He would come hot guarenteed.

3) Saukrates - This guy can produce, sing and rap! What more do you really want to have a complete track with a nice vibe?

4) Tonedeff - The craziest flow in the world with dope punchlines. One of my personal fave emcees at the moment, I'd say one of the best emcees in the world at the moment.

5) Wordsworth - I've been a big fan of his for a while. Ever since I first saw him on Lyricist Lounge. He 's a must have on any album...

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Good Idea.

For the Label I would choose Low Life as well cause they put out wicked music. I would like to work on beats with:

Joe Buhdha: This guy is bringin out too many bangin beats, working with loads of the UK's best rappers and also US names like Masta Ace and Canibus.

RJD2: The King of Sampling.

Here come the rappers:

Scorzayzee: He can spit really fast and technical but also intelligent, one of my favourite rappers.

Terrafirma: Klashnekoff, Kyza and Scribla from London. They work together so well and are all wicked rappers in their own right.

Taskforce: Amazing rappers who write really interesting lyrics.

Damn, that was really hard to write! There are so many other artists I would like to work with. Lets see some more replys to this.

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
-Premier (on beatz and live on the turntables)
-Jadakiss (on the mic)
-Nas (on the mic)
-Havoc and Prodigy (on mic and production)
-Babu (on the turntables)
-Alchemist (on production)

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I would sign with Universal records for a distrubution deal for my own label...I would work with
LLOyd Banks
50 cent
Joe Budden
The lox(including Jae Hood)
Eightball
Petey Pablo
Cuban Link
Pharoe Monch
OC

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Considering the fact that I would do all the music and cuts, I would only pick the following rappers :
- Ras Kass
- Rakim
-BDK
-Nas
-Chuck D
-KRS ONE
-MOP
-Redman/Methodman
-Inspectah Deck
-GZA
-Jeru the Damaja (yes ! Jeru !)
-Guru
-MC Solaar (French rapper)
-THA LIKS
-OC
-Talib Kweli
-Cali Agents

That would be some crazy ass producer album with possible leathal duets ... and I could pop up from time to time during the interludes or be rapping for a few verses

I would definitively seek a distribution deal for my own label to keep my creativity .... I would also seek studio engineers , etc ...

peace,

PHIL

C

Copenhagen

I dont know which label I'd sign to...but I'd choose the following.

1. Royal Danish Symphony (to play the melodies/theme)
2. Barry White (to help me arrange the Symphony Orchestra)
3. Marvin Gaye (to do the singing hooks)
4. Nas (to do what he does best)
5. Dj Noize (to lay the cuts)

I would of course lay the drums and play any synths etc...