Ennio Morricone - "La Lucertola"

[soundcloud]

really like the drum loop, but its muddy as fuck. If you could get those drums more upfront with some equing, bass boosting and saturation, would really sound dope, only thing letting this down IMO is the mix. If the drums were a lot cleaner with the dirty sample I think it would work well personally. The drums can fill the high end that isnt being used, making it sound more full. Mixing aside its a dope flip, I hear a lot of potential in it.

really like this and love the snare, I thought you didnt like loud snares? lol
Beat has a great vibe to it. Great work. Nice variation. Inspiring TBH.

And damn, just listening to the sample now, ideas are going all over the place. Im going to flip this now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWU

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Heres mine...

Nice flip! I like what you did with the intro, and goes well with the beat. Drums are on point. Bassline is on the heavy side (also resonating a bit) and doesn't go well with the light vibe of the woman "singing" IMO. Do you use a plugin to create a bassline? I tend to do this for years (3XOSC or a standard sub bass from a plugin), but somehow they didn't connect with the rest of my composition. Since I started using bass samples they sound way more connected as if it's part of the main sample. I'm not saying you should do this, but for me it worked.

[soundcloud]

Like @2GooD Productions said, the whole track is very muddy. I think with some proper mixing this might work. Throughout the beat I'm waiting for some variation to keep me engaged.

Nice flip! I like what you did with the intro, and goes well with the beat. Drums are on point. Bassline is on the heavy side (also resonating a bit) and doesn't go well with the light vibe of the woman "singing" IMO. Do you use a plugin to create a bassline? I tend to do this for years (3XOSC or a standard sub bass from a plugin), but somehow they didn't connect with the rest of my composition. Since I started using bass samples they sound way more connected as if it's part of the main sample. I'm not saying you should do this, but for me it worked.
I use Rob Papen Subboombass 2 plugin. I like that it goes really low, I then throw a waves r bass on it to thicken up the low lows, I know I over do it, Ive tried a million times not to, but I still do. I need a nice in car setup to test when Im going too far. Just havent got one. I even thought I tamed the bass a little in this lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: TWU