Fatality FIGHT! Battle #14

Who has the best beat?

• C4NTK33P5T1LL

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • valdi beats

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm recommending the beats be angry/mean but I know some won't submit beats like that, so I put them up anyway and let the voters decide. It would be too time consuming to reject certain beats then contact that person, etc.
Each to their own, everybody has their own style, no point trying to put people into little boxes. Let the creativity flow, if its dope its dope. Dope doesnt equal aggressive, but when push comes to shove it might just decide a battle. But dont let that force you into a corner

Gotta roll with the punches, win some lose some, as long as you keep getting back up when you get knocked down its all good and builds character

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Gotta roll with the punches, win some lose some, as long as you keep getting back up when you get knocked down its all good and builds character

Best Rocky Balboa quote ever.

Seriously, I get what you're sayin' and I totally agree. But I think it is also a good way to improve to try to get out of our comfort zones and try stuff we are not used to. I think that's what themes are for. I take it more as an exercise to try things out, see if they work for me. At the end of day, I eventually learned something and level up this way.

I don't make particularly agressive beats naturally. I want to try these 1vs1 battles and I am struggling to make kinda aggressive beats specially for these. I haven't submitted to these battles yet because I don't have stuff that fits there.

Also I like both chill and angry beats. Sometimes when a chill one goes against an angry one I feel like comparing carrotts and steaks. I can't really chose. They're both great for their type.
Same goes for boom bap vs. trap. If one is boom bap and the other is trap I will vote for boom bap because that's the type I like... even if it's an average boom bap beat against a great trap one.

I would suggest @Fade when deciding which beat goes against which to put similar styles against each other so the votes aren't biased. Maybe that's what you do already. These 2 are similar types.

Seriously, I get what you're sayin' and I totally agree. But I think it is also a good way to improve to try to get out of our comfort zones and try stuff we are not used to. I think that's what themes are for. I take it more as an exercise to try things out, see if they work for me. At the end of day, I eventually learned something and level up this way.

I could advocate all day the benefits of getting out of your comfort zone, I hear that 100%.
I was thinking about some of the members that arent so versatile who may feel uncomfortable trying something so drastically different, give them time hahahaha, they will come around

I would suggest @Fade when deciding which beat goes against which to put similar styles against each other so the votes aren't biased. Maybe that's what you do already. These 2 are similar types.

Thats not a bad idea really, trying to match beat against beat so they are somewhat similar, that all depends on whats been submitted I suppose, there is only one pool of contestants and beats

members online