Filtering a sample for bass..

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
okay usually i do this no problem and the outcome is quite lovely... Unfortunately, i have a sample im currently tryin to filter (for bass) in fruity loops and it is not comin out hard like i need it too... I used about 4 eq's at first, that wasnt good enough (didnt have enough depth and loudness) i could hear it good on my monitors but when i turned it on with the subwoofer you could hardly hear it.. Now i have used about 7 eq's (and 1 compression) and it sounds like shit... My question is, Is there a way i can get my bass to sound how i want it to in fruity loops without it getting all distorted?

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
bass sound

its hard to say. are you trying to isolate the bass completly or just bring it up?
If the sample is very busy it could make it more difficult, but it sounds like you have tryed a few things......

Try to eq or filter or change the sample in a program more adapted to such editing and see what you see. I hope that helps a little.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
i think i am just going to try multi-tracking the beat in logic and use the fat eq too bring it out... Hopefully that will work, i should have thought about that...

D

DRUMAT!C

fruity filters...

Man... -eff the fruity filters try using EQ. Fruity loops sucks anyway....(Acid Pro is far superior) but what you have to do is create a hi-end shelf/rolloff from 250HZ and beyond, meaning that all frequencies from 250hz and up need to be removed but you want to create a smoothe slope/transition. Try it.

You can sometime create a nice filter by just rolling all the hi-s and mids at 100hz. Don't forget though, if you do that you'll want to create a duplicate track containing the other frequencies so you can play either tracks together or seperate. This way you get the original sample with it's full frequency range for a hook or filtered bass for when the emcee is flowin' over the beat. But again, that all depends on your preference of production.

DRUMZ.1