Final Battle

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
Is Prog Hip-Hop a thing? if not then you might be the first, Its ok doesnt grab me or offend me its one where vocals could give it the interest it needs but as an instrumental theres not enough variation in the lead sounds to me the story doesnt change

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Is Prog Hip-Hop a thing? if not then you might be the first, Its ok doesnt grab me or offend me its one where vocals could give it the interest it needs but as an instrumental theres not enough variation in the lead sounds to me the story doesnt change
Thanks for your feedback, appreciate your time.

Call it however you feel I'm fine with that, it came out of how I feel it should sound, never really think about a particular genre when I do these. Not saying Prog Hip-Hop is bad or anything.

I am a bit surprised to hear vocals would bring anything on this as I wonder if vocals would just fit on this kind of beat ?

Ys Man

ILLIEN
I could hear someone like immortal tecnique on this saying some wild shit then it wouldnt need the variation (mainly piano), sorry wasnt trying to insult with the prog hip hop i enjoyed the changes, it wasnt negative feedback

Earsblower

ILLIEN
I could hear someone like immortal tecnique on this saying some wild shit then it wouldnt need the variation (mainly piano), sorry wasnt trying to insult with the prog hip hop i enjoyed the changes, it wasnt negative feedback
No bro don't worry I did not take it negatively or anything !! You're good.

I was just saying I really go with how I feel at the moment, not having any back thoughts on specific genres when I create. Sometimes it works some other it doesn't but that's part of my journey and I'm totally fine with that.

Would actually be sick to hear Immortal on this though haha:cool:

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Always a fan of cinematic approach to hip hop.

The melody and harmonies are a great base for a story telling beat. That guitar line is also amazing, especially the way you introduced it. The change up that starts at 2:02 is cool too. I don't care much for that synthetic distorted guitar, but the build and increased dynamics with the drums are dope.

My main piece of feedback, and this is specific to cinematic tunes, is the lack of rhythmic and register changes. Example, around 0:44: all the musical information was telling my ears that something bigger and more epic was coming, but it didn't. Even something as simple as dropping the strings down a register, doubling the piano line or adding a staccato type rhythm in the bass would add that extra level.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Always a fan of cinematic approach to hip hop.

The melody and harmonies are a great base for a story telling beat. That guitar line is also amazing, especially the way you introduced it. The change up that starts at 2:02 is cool too. I don't care much for that synthetic distorted guitar, but the build and increased dynamics with the drums are dope.

My main piece of feedback, and this is specific to cinematic tunes, is the lack of rhythmic and register changes. Example, around 0:44: all the musical information was telling my ears that something bigger and more epic was coming, but it didn't. Even something as simple as dropping the strings down a register, doubling the piano line or adding a staccato type rhythm in the bass would add that extra level.
Thanks for listening and giving feedback. This is gold and I appreciate it !