Fruit & Midi: What Else Can I do

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Fruity & Midi: What Else Can I do

I know that I can record live from my midi keyboard, but is there a way for me to control other aspects of fruity as well? Can I assign certain keys on my keyboard to the stop button or play button or somethin ? That would be tight. Then I want have to hassle with going from my mouse back to my keyboard. Any help appreciated.

Pz

K

Kevin Kind

I think the spacebar starts and stops the music in FL Studio, even when recording.

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
i want to know the exact same thing...
i got sliders and knobs on my keyboard that i hook up to different knobs in the program... which is sweet... but yeah i wish you could assign the start, stop and record button... that would be the best... sometimes you can forget a melody you got going when you gotta take your hands off the keys, and fuck with with the mouse or computer keyboard to begin recording the shit...

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
benny beatz said:
i want to know the exact same thing...
i got sliders and knobs on my keyboard that i hook up to different knobs in the program... which is sweet... but yeah i wish you could assign the start, stop and record button... that would be the best... sometimes you can forget a melody you got going when you gotta take your hands off the keys, and fuck with with the mouse or computer keyboard to begin recording the shit...

exactly.....how u do your knobs like that tho? i tried to do that link to controller thing but it wasnt working right

ill o.g.
i believe midi program change can be used as a midi switch. midi program usually changes presets in vsts and synths and exteranl sound modules, so maybe you can figure some way out to do that.
Also, if you have a sustain pedal on your keyboard you can set that up in many different ways to (including as a midi bassdrum trigger :p )

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Bosta said:
exactly.....how u do your knobs like that tho? i tried to do that link to controller thing but it wasnt working right

right click on the knob, slider or variable, and choose "link to controller..." make sure auto detect is clicked, then move whatever knob slider or wheel you want to assign it to. it should automatically pick it up and be assigned. its mad easy...

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
If your a Genius, you might can do it by making your own dashboard midi controller. look up dashboard

members online