Getting into other genres of music..

• beat this! voting starts in...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I think it's mainly composing. i'm not an expert but hiphop is more about the loops so try to compose a 2 minute song with absolutly no loops, or very few. It would be fluid like a musical story. Try to find music from other countries too, there is some real beautiful Japanese music

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
check out some indian classical music and also...definitely check out some drum n bass. slide over to http://www.breakbeatscience.com/ and get some cd's or something...helps out with rythm for sure...

having said that, there is plenty of hip hop out there man, you just gotta dig deep...if it gets boring, youre not digging hard enough.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
karlman said:
my suggestions for classical music:
piano concerts from rachmaninoff
(#2 and #3 played by horowitz are my favourites)
concerto pour une voix (saint-preux)
nessun dorma (sung by pavarotti)
liebestraum (liszt)

that was just a glimpse, if you like those suggestions, i can give you a lot more :)

WOW, we need to talk

Libestraum is one of my fav pieces to play and racminoff is one of my fav composers.
Also check out Racmanioffs Prelude in D, Its pefection for piano IMO
Chopin, Mazurka in A minor is also dope,
Basically anything from the romatic area of classical music is extremley emotinal and meldoic, some impressinolism stuff is good to(debussy, waterfalls)

Im actually more into classical music then hip hop, i think its the shit...

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Start listening to hip-hop. Just go back, I'm pretty sure that you got no idea what you're missing.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
George Harrison, Santana; great for guitar and have influenced my approach to hip-hop
(esp. Harrison)

Also I like some of Frank Sinatra's (Snoop's favorite musician, btw) stuff.

The Senagalese artist Cheikh Lo is pretty good as well.

I started getting into non-rap a few months ago and those are some of the people I've listened to.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i personally love the rare and curiosa music from countries like, poland, france, italy, india, east europe, russia, china and japan... actually too much to sum up.
you just got to dig, askin wont help you that much you got to find what you like and dig deeper into that direction...

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
go with indian or japaneese music. those types of music are set on different musical scales and tones than our Maj or min or modes. so you can find some freaky stuff