Getting stuck

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It seems to me that there's a fine line between "getting stuck" and "having your own style".

Sometimes I find myself getting stuck when making a beat, like I'm doing the same thing as I did on the previous beat I did. But I'm wondering if it's just that this is my style? You know what I mean? Like, everyone eventually develops their own style, and I think I have my own style now, but I just feel like trying something new sometimes.

I just don't know if I'm creatively stuck inside a certain format, or if this is just the way I do beats.

What about you?

J

jbit24

I guess I understand whut ur sayin'. Sometimes I feel that way too, I feel sorta stuck but then I move on and just try to come up with something different every time.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I find that I'm always restricting myself and not willing to learn shit about my equipment.. My beats are getting better, but theres always room to learn and get techical.

M

Mphazes

word, i smell u

influence is my biggest problem, i mean i got all these roll models, pete, premo, alchemist, i hear shit and it moulds my sound namean, i dont bite, but the vibe to my beats is all from influence, some times it shows sometimes it dosent, and i dont care if people say i am biting, if it sounds dop it sounds dope

L

LarryBones

I hear ya

I know exactly what you mean... sometimes I'll have a dope beat in the works and end up scrapin' it because it sounds too much like something I already made. But then I start thinkin' damn, most respected producers can easilly be identified by their signature styles, so maybe it's not such a big deal.

I just find I'm more satisfied with myself when I stretch my limits and branch out into different styles. Just recently I started producing chill r&b tracks for this female singer.

I think everybody's got a natural style though, just make tracks you like and get good feedback on.

peace

members online