Greetings, Beatbros

bro3886

Hey how's it goin guys? I go by the name bro3886. If anyone's wondering where I got that from, it is Agent 47's passcode to login to the Agency in the Hitman series.
Some background: I'm from a city called Bangalore in India. At the age of 7, I was introduced to West Coast hip-hop music and a lot of 50 Cent and Eminem, and till the age of 13 I consumed the same material till it internalized. And then, things changed for me on the music front.
I always felt an inclination to the guitar, so I picked it up and haven't stopped since. My music tastes changed; I was listening to almost exclusively rock music. I was slowly re-introduced to hip-hop a few years ago, I'm talking maybe 2-3 years ago. It was Kendrick Lamar's good kid, m.A.A.d city and I knew then I'd missed out on SO much.
So here I am, trying to get back into modern hip-hop. In the 10-11 years that I played guitar, I got into songwriting and composition. I realized to make a really great guitar record I'd need a lot of money and so I'm sort of keeping that aside.
I'm here to make not just dope beats but I also believe the role of a producer extends to bringing out the best in an artist.
Apologies for the blog post, not sure how it's done here haha.

DAW: FL, Reaper (mixing)
Fav Plugins: Serum, Valhalla Delay, iZotope Ozone, FabFilter Pro Q3 and C2, XLN Audio XO

Would love to collab with other dope producers, share ideas, secrets and help each other.
Cheers!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @bro3886 and what do you listen to nowadays genre(s)-wise?

bro3886

Welcome to the ILL! I don't know if there's anyone else on here from India. Is there some sort of beat making scene there?
Thank you! There isn't really a scene per se. There are a few producers and rappers who have a tight-knit circle, and they usually just work with each other.

Welcome @bro3886 and what do you listen to nowadays genre(s)-wise?
Thanks! These days I still listen to classic rock and frequent the Rap Caviar playlist on Spotify, to do my homework and stay up to date what the current sound is like. What about you?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @bro3886 may wanna dive into Black rock also and I'm looking to explore that as of late in my life. It's hard for me to say that I listen to music a great deal as I'm late to Spotify and kind of want to explore it minus tailored playlists.

bro3886

You @bro3886 may wanna dive into Black rock also and I'm looking to explore that as of late in my life. It's hard for me to say that I listen to music a great deal as I'm late to Spotify and kind of want to explore it minus tailored playlists.
Black rock? what is that? i'm not familiar with that at all. Would love to know more!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
What @Fade would you recco by BC in this era? I'm a student of Black music and a self described armchair musicologist as my hero is Portia Maultsby (YouTube her!) and this is why I mentioned Black rock

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What @Fade would you recco by BC in this era? I'm a student of Black music and a self described armchair musicologist as my hero is Portia Maultsby (YouTube her!) and this is why I mentioned Black rock

Body Count's stuff today? I haven't checked their latest stuff in a while. I'm just a huge fan of their first album which was fantastic, especially since Cop Killer was banned and they had to pull it off the shelves lol. So every time I see a copy on vinyl, I want to snatch it but I can never find one with that song on it. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the first version when it came out.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Stick @bro3886 with me as I'm no know-it-all but can teach you a lot listener and/or taste wise, not that mine's superior. I dig musicology via a Black lens as that's what I am.

members online