Greetings fellow music enthusiasts!

Battle Points: 30
Hey there, my name is Hans Jansen, but for music I like to use the alias Jorge Ramos, the name of my grandfather.
My mother is colombian and my father was dutch, I've always felt dutch though. I only went to colombia once when i was 4 years old.

I first came in contact with producing when i was 17 (about 10 years ago), I had a friend introduce me to it and I fell in love with it. We used to team up and make scott storch style beats with edirol orchestral, abusing the pitch functions in the DAW. The quality, as you can imagine from a beginner, left alot of room for improvement. But it was fun!

I continued producing for a while but never really finished a project. I didn't touch FL Studio for some time, and parted ways with the friend I used to produce with. After a while (around 2012) we came together again and we had alot of fun hanging out and producing once again... this time house. I came across this artist called Feed Me and fell in love with his style. For the coming years I tried to make music of that genre (electro house), drum and bass and (sort of) classical music, but I only finished projects of the latter. Eventhough I didn't finish many projects, I learned a respectable amount about producing in general.

Alot of bad things happened after that, I won't go into detail about them, but they include the death of my father, losing good friends, anxiety, alcohol, drugs, prison and finally a psychiatric institution.

While in the psychiatric institution, a few months in, I was allowed to bring my computer over so I could make music (august 2018). I started making hiphop beats again, and actually started finishing projects! I started to get the feeling that producing hiphop beats might be my thing in music. So i continued doing so. I was released from the institution exactly a week ago and made a soundcloud account a few days after. By doing this I felt more motivated to make music, so I started looking for internet platforms specific for hiphop producers, and I came here. Even though I haven't interacted with anyone yet I feel this might be the place for me to start my adventure in hiphop music.

I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of this community. I'm not very social, so I might not post alot. But you are always welcome to message me directly for anything that comes to mind. I might not always have a good answer, but I'll do my best. I have a microphone so voicechat is also an option.

I hope to improve my producing qualities and help others on this platform aswell. Nothing much left to say, except...
Enjoy music!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Battle Points: 30

Got 4 so far on soundcloud, aiming for atleast one finished project a week.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to the ILL! Nice intro, and that's cool to hear that you were able to continue beat making in an institution. I didn't know they allowed that.

Well you're definitely in the right spot. We have a great community and plenty of battles. Take a look around, we have lots of articles and industry info as well.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
Great introduction man. Sorry to hear of your struggles. I can relate a lot to the self destructive tendencies that once plagued my life and my relationships. Diamonds are only made after extreme pressure and great things can come after the worst of circumstances. I wish you a successful journey.

members online