Guns will change you!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah X, I agree. I think its a balancing act sorta...in that case Im confident that I acted accordingly. When I purchased my gun permits, I went ahead and got 5 of them. I have since purchased 3 hand guns...a 9mm Springfield, a .22mag S&W Competition style handgun, and the new .40cal XDM Springfield.

After really thinking about it, I think Im gonna keep my .40 in my truck. Id much rather be safe than sorry. My dad told me..."NEVER pull a gun unless You intend on shooting it, and NEVER shoot it unless you intend on killing whatever you shoot." Those words have worked so far...Im gonna role with them.

dac

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
First of all the dude was an ass for calling you n***a acting like that in front of his family. Its obvious he has serious issues and one of those people who think its Obamas fault for everything.

But as far as guns changing you I agree. I was watching outside the lines a few months ago and the subject was athletes with guns. Marcelles wiley said when he used to carry he was more paranoid, someone could just be asking for an autograph or directions and he would think they were trying to rob him. He also said once he got rid of it he instantly became more relaxed.

I always debate if I want a gun or not. With a wife an Kids in the house, just have one around for protection, but not to carry on a regular basis.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah, see Im not familiar with the law in O-H-10 but in NC, you are only required to have a concealed permit if you intend on concealing it...you can carry it with a regular gun permit as long as its clearly displayed. Im not the kind of cat who wants to walk around with a gun on my hip but there are some here that do. That fact alone makes it easier for me to leave home without worring about having to use it.Nevertheless, Id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I dont want to shoot anybody, Im all for living a healthy life for myself as well as others.

The world is just so screwed up nowadays that (like you said...you just never know"...which is why I feel like I need one just in case. If I absolutely knew that I would never need a gun, I wouldnt have any problems leaving it in the gun safe.

In general...guns suck! but cats that will without hesitation, do somebody else harm suck even more. Shets frustrating!

Be safe,

dac

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Did u read his entire story? I don't think he was going to shoot the guy over a WORD. It was over the fact that the dude was acting like he really wanted to fight over the parking space and because the guy was acting hella stupid over the parking place that he assumed that the guy may have had a weapon of his own so he cocked his and got ready just in case! Had the guy came toward him with a weapon the guy would have got shot and Dac would have been well within his rights to do so.

How did you miss the bulk of the story and only pick out the WORD?.....
I don't take someone putting "one in the chamber" lightly. This isn't a rap tune... This is real life.

@dacalion: are you physically fit? where I come from, you don't shoot people who are approaching you without a weapon.

I reccommend you sell your gun, you don't seem to understand the weight of the consequences of shooting someone... nor do you seem to be mature enough to discern when it is appropriate to use deadly force and when to "knuckle up"

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
MagnaOpera no disrespect but are you serious? Maybe you missed it but I didnt shoot the guy...lol. I was simply preparing myself for whatever. Maybe things are different in Canada but nobody knuckles up here anymore. I think that fighting went out in the mid 80's here.

Once again my brother, I am very PRO LIFE...which you should have picked up on when I said..."I am all for living a healthy life and so on...I also said that "if I knew that I would be safe, I would leave my gun home"...and so on.

You seem to see things in a different perspective, Im not sure how to explain the events and what happened any clearer and Im no longer gonna attempt to.

That said, much respect, much luv, and be safe.

dac

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
You seem to see things in a different perspective, Im not sure how to explain the events and what happened any clearer and Im no longer gonna attempt to.

dac

Don't waste another peck on your keyboard trying too...lol 99.9% of us fully understand where u were coming from. Great "real life" story shared. I appreciate "real talk". If "real life" was as simple as some think the world would be a wonderful place with no trials nor tribulation. The fact of the matter is that the real world is ugly and you must be prepared for the worst at all times and hope for the best. You were as prepared as you could be and I'm glad you didn't have to merk that clown in the end.

things are much less complicated here, the only ones likely to be carrying a gun are the young gangsters,
I know people that have said they have a piece, but whether they have or not is a different matter.
Its most likely that someone will pull a knife here. For some reason after all the hype in the papers about how dangerous it is out there, kids feel they need a knife for their protection these days.
And the chances are if they are carrying it and get into trouble they are gonna use it, or even have it used against them.
this is the very reason I got into kung fu in the first place, it at least gives me an edge and chance to defend myself if the need be.
If someone ever pulls a knife on me, my only aim is to stab them in their arse with it so that they can remember how they fucked up every time they need to go a shit and rip the stitches open.
Im fighting knife crime, one arsehole at a time.

Having people carrying guns around really does change the scenario, no amount of martial arts can beat bullets, unless they pull it out at point blank range, at least then there is some chance, but the odds still dont look good.

the problem with the world is its full of crazy mother fuckers, give those crazy fuckers guns and theres gonna be trouble. If I lived in the USA I would certainly get myself licenced and strapped up. you just cant be too careful with all the crazy fuckers out there.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
you handled it right. someone said, you dont go for a weapon if they aren't coming at you with one (something to that effect), coats have many pockets! with many sizes, better safe than sorry.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Im not sure that guns are for me. Last year I decided to start messing with guns. My intent was to go to the range and shoot as a hobby. My second thought was for protection. Well Ive been lucky not to need it for protection and even more importantly, I never have been in a cituation where pulling a gun was even a thought.

Something changed! Carrying a gun seem to give me more reason to use it...

I went to Wally World one day to pick up some blank CDs and DVDs, while waiting on a parrking spot this other guy was waiting for one also. He didnt see me on the other side of the car that was backing out but I saw him. when the car got out, I pulled in and this guy got pissed. He started fliping out with jestures. I just threw my hands up and started getting out my vehicle. He rolled his window down and started dropping the n bomb on me. I replied with my middle finger. He stopped in the middle of the road and opened his door. His wife or whoever grabbed him and pulled him back in the car. When I saw this, I grabbed my piece and put one in the chamber. My 6yr old daughter was with me.

Dude never knew I grabbed my gun and pulled off to find a park. Ofcourse, I still got my eye on this cat and he gets out his car with a little baby and walks in the store. Im not sure what pissed me off more, him calling me a nigga or him doing some stupid ish like that with a baby with him.

Ok, Im seriously thinking about going in the store and showing this cat that I was packing. I really wanted dude to know that this could have gone bad very quick if he had approached me outside. On top of that, he would have put his own baby and his girl in jeopardy.

Now Im pissed because he got away without even knowing, how close he came to having a bad day.

I no longer ride around with my guns unless Im going on a trip. Having heat really does change the way you handle drama. Have you all experienced something similar? What are yalls thoughts on carrying guns?

dac

This thread went off in a different direction, I'll stick to the topic. A gun has its own aura, and they give people perceived power. With that power comes a responsibility. Unfortunately, knowing when and when not to pull your weapon out takes years of carrying a firearm to know the right situation.

There's a lot of talk of "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" and "I'll do 25 years in a heartbeat" type of quotes within this thread. TRUST ME, if you haven't been in and out of jail since your teens or actively gang affiliated, prison is not for you.
Self defense is sketchy. If you aren't rich and you have a bootleg lawyer and if proven that you knew the victim, prosecuters can cloud your arguement to prove otherwise. It happens all the time.

Dacalion, you need to relax on driving around with weapons. The fact that you wanted to "show the guy you were packing" after the main disagreement was over and he's in the store with his daughter leads me to believe that. Keep a weapon in the house if you must
but if you haven't grown up with that kind of drama in your life of needing a weapon its no sense in carrying one now for protection.

I was raised in various inner cities throughout my entire childhood. Guns are really easy to get in these environments. I naturally assume that everybody has a gun so if a situation escalates from discussion to arguement, the first question that I have to ask is: "Is this situation worth someone being shot or killed over?" I understand that people "don't fistfight anymore" but pulling that trigger will change your life whether it was self defense or an arguement gone out of hand.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
It's easy to pick various lines out of peoples statements and comment on them. If you read most peoples entire statement NO ONE advocated Dac shooting this guy. I'm sure no one here thinks jail or prison is a "cake walk". I don't think anyone here WANTS to go to jail or prison and most here would rather not ever been in a situation where they'd risk there freedom. NO the court system is no walk in the park either, especially for a black man. But if it's me or some asshole who may bring harm to me or my family on some stupid shit I'd rather LIVE in prison for the rest of my life. I'm 199% sure I would trade LIFE in Prison for death by some fool if it came to it. Oh yea, it won't be a picnic and there's a good chance I won't make it out of there either if convicted but I like those odds better than losing my life and having my kids and family never see me again because some lunatic kills me over a parking space. My fam can see me in prison. After my funeral I'm just a distant memory! The other guy will probably do a decade in jail and will be out to do some stupid shit again. Probably faster than he did it to me!

There's no way to sugar coat this story. If shit pops off there's no HAPPY ENDING. It's either death, prison or if not convicted living with that fact that you had to take another human beings life. Once again, I'm happy it didn't get to that point for Dac. I hope it never happens again to him, me or anybody else that I know. The fact of the matter is that shit happens and I personally like to be prepared for the worst.

May just be my state of mind, a black man still living in a world that seems to hate me because of the color of my skin more and more each day. The fact that as a black man you never truly know who the enemy or the person that wants to do you harm is. Not knowing from one day to the next whether when I walk out the door if I'll return.

Words can be dissected, twisted, quoted and spit back to make a thing seem like what it is not.

I've have personally spoke to Dac over the phone a few times in the past. We've had a good conversation or two. He's actually the ONLY person on ILL that I have ever verbally spoken to. I'm sure from our conversation he knows what I stand for. We got pretty deep when we talked.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Not discrediting your opinion at all, LDB - I agree with the majority of your last post. All I'm saying is once guns are brought into the mix and shooting somebody is an option, it changes everything.

I've come across/mentored/given lectures to so many felons who decided either out of anger or what they perceived as 'survival' to pop off and even if they were "right", they all have confessed that taking a life takes its toll on anyone.

If the drama can be avoided, even to the point where you got to take the high road, sometimes its best to do that.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I would point out that I was advocating shooting the guy FOR Dac...

Extended family member got shot and killed yesterday by an 18 year old. Dude was 22.
We must have minimum 3 people a day get shot and killed in this city, thats just the ones they tell you about.
This is why I named the company RIP.

Sha your right, Im gonna shoot less.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Both of you raise good points...shaheed, I agree with alot of what you said...you brought up some valid points that I feel any man should consider before using deadly force. I just feel that it makes since to be prepared versus not...(mainly what LDB is saying).

Its like this...When driving in snow and ice, I take my time and consider all those around me but theres that one arsehole that is in a rush to get nowhere thats on the same road as I am. Im more worried about him hitting me than me hitting him. Same with my gun, Im more concerned about my fam being safe than me having to blast this dude. Using deadly force is my last resource but once he crossed that line its no looking back no matter what the penalty is.

I do know where you are coming from, a friend of mine that works at the range shot a guy after breaking into his house. He,s an expert marksman and all that. He told me that he didnt want to kill the guy in his house because of his children which anyone should understand...anyway he put one in each shoulder...to make a long story short, he could have easily killed this guy and didnt. About a year later, dude took him to court for shooting him...ofcorse he was found not guilty but he had to revisit the whole thing a year later. He missed work, he had to get his wife involved and he missed family time.

Heres the question...Would he regret that as much as if the dude would have harmed or hurt him or a family member? I'll take the first....but I this ties into your point.

Id just rather be safe or prepared where ever Im at.

dac

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Heres the question...Would he regret that as much as if the dude would have harmed or hurt him or a family member?
dac

That's usually what it boils down to and like a Cop who has to make that split second decision to use deadly force we as normal citizens have to do the sametimes. Pondering at that moment can lead to YOUR death or a family members. You have to weigh how things in today's society normally go. Yes prison is a horrible place....so horrible that even your all day everyday criminal will do ANYTHING not to go back. That's why you see and hear more times than not that even during a simple home invasion the perpetrator shoots whom ever they find in the house. They don't want to leave any witnesses! A friend of mine was car jacked...he totally complied with everything they asked him to do and as they sped away in his car with his wallet one of them pointed the gun out of the window and shot him in the back! That's the reality of the world (at least in the states) that we live in. People are regressing in this society as the clock tics. Kids going to school are being robbed at gun point every single day here in Atlanta. What in the hell could a College kid on his way to morning classes possibly have that's so valuable that someone would want to rob and shoot them for? A maxed out credit card and a laptop.....c'mon. The real world is ugly fa sho.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
First, sorry to hear about your friend LDB, Im sure that was a rough thing for you and his family and other friends to deal with. I wouldnt want anyone to go through that.

You nailed it when you said "Thats the reality of the world...and, people are regressing". Im sure that things are different in other countries and even in certain areas here in the states but obviously where we're from, ish can go down in a blink of an eye. It's not something that we're proud of but it's a reality that we have to deal with every single day.

Thats as real as it gets!

dac

members online