Hank Shocklee: From Samples to Sonic Worlds

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The Bomb Squad were always my favorite when it came to sampling. The way they warped sounds and layered so much. Anyway, check it out:

DR.O

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 35
The Bomb Squad were always my favorite when it came to sampling. The way they warped sounds and layered so much. Anyway, check it out:

super dope article...that has been basically my philosophy on hip-hop since i first started making beats ... i wanted to use sounds and warp them into something amazing .. . i wanted samples ... i didnt ever want stock sounds and i still dont use stock sounds

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
super dope article...that has been basically my philosophy on hip-hop since i first started making beats ... i wanted to use sounds and warp them into something amazing .. . i wanted samples ... i didnt ever want stock sounds and i still dont use stock sounds
Plus I always found that's the way to go when sampling. For those worried about copyright issues or just want a challenge, warping the samples makes sense. But besides that, it opens up a bunch of possibilities and can really change your sound.