Help me please.

Schrodinger

Battle Points: 1
Hey,
I need help with the tech of production. I've been making beats for a while, and a friend of mine suggested I go to a record store to try and find samples. However, I've been making beats using only a laptop and using youtube to mp3 sites on songs. I know very little about using records and samplers to make beats, so my questions are:
Do I need more than a record player and a board to record/sample a beat, and are their any models of equipment that are recommended?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You can definitely go with records to find samples but you don't have to. Honestly there's a lot of stuff on Youtube so that's really all you need. It's like virtual digging. But if you really want to get a turntable, the simplest is to get one that has a USB connection to it so you can just connect it to your laptop and record from there. I think even Best Buy sells them.

Schrodinger

Battle Points: 1
You can definitely go with records to find samples but you don't have to. Honestly there's a lot of stuff on Youtube so that's really all you need. It's like virtual digging. But if you really want to get a turntable, the simplest is to get one that has a USB connection to it so you can just connect it to your laptop and record from there. I think even Best Buy sells them.
Thanks, I found one on their site

members online