Help With Getting Music Copyright

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have a song that i have recorded....i wrote the words and made the beat i want to copyright it what form do i use Pa or Sr..........here is a example....sorry if you gett it and i didnt------->
Examples of the Proper Use of Forms PA and SR
Jane Smith composes words and music, which she entitles "Blowing in the Breeze." Even though she records it, she is not interested in registering the particular recording but only in registering the composition itself. If she decides to submit "Blowing in the Breeze" for copyright registration, she should use Form PA.

Emily Tree performs and records Jane Smith's "Blowing in the Breeze" after complying with permissions and license procedures. If Emily decides to submit her recording for copyright registration, she should use Form SR.

The same principles apply to literary and dramatic works. A recorded performance of an actor speaking lines from "Hamlet" could be registered on Form SR as a sound recording. The claimant in the sound recording, of course, has no copyright in the underlying work, "Hamlet."

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i think you are definitely right fade. form pa is basicly for lyrics, poetry and stuff like that and form sr is in musical terms is for lyrics with music or just instrumentals like jazz.