Hey Everyone!

Whats up to everyone!! Glad to be here. I am looking for some direction on what to do to figure what kind of beats I would like to make. Im feeling overwhelmed with the process as a new person to the industry and all of these controls can get very intimidating. Presonus Studio one 4 is what I am using currently. I am open to changing to something else if that is more comfortable for someone as a beginner. Just looking for any tips or insights that anyone might have one how to just take on this process. Thanks and I appreciate the feedback!

Whats up to everyone!! Glad to be here. I am looking for some direction on what to do to figure what kind of beats I would like to make. Im feeling overwhelmed with the process as a new person to the industry and all of these controls can get very intimidating. Presonus Studio one 4 is what I am using currently. I am open to changing to something else if that is more comfortable for someone as a beginner. Just looking for any tips or insights that anyone might have one how to just take on this process. Thanks and I appreciate the feedback!

I am into to house music, hip hop, r&b, lofi, edm

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Yesyes chalk another one up for the Studio One gang!!!

Stay with Studio One... I've travelled across most DAWs and i find Studio One one kf the most smoothest to use, it has a great workflow which means it doesn't pull you out of your "creative zone" ---mega important especially if you're still trying ro find a style!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
The best advice would be to just make music and see what comes out. It's all about being creative. You might end up doing a mix of styles, who knows.

This!

Honestly, music is such a mix of things and crossovers now, there's probably never been a more failsafe time to just make whatever comes out.

Just get creating!

Important thing is remember to aways listen to yourself if you think your idea or music sounds good, roll with it. Don't ve offput by others opinions or tastes as you're likely only getting a very very small group of people when there coukd be hundreds or thousands out there who love it - so definitely pay more attention when you get people saying it's good!

That being said there are times you should listen to advice, particularly mixing. Other advice maybe takes a lot of experience to be able to figure out whether it's useful/applies or not.

Seeing as you're into Hip Hop and R&B and this is a Hip Hop forum, I'd suggest starting with something that fits the HipHop vibe as 1 - people will be able to give better advice and 2 - people will be mkre likely to help out.

Have fun.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Definitelt don't get caught up worrying about or trying to find a style (it can be the biggest hindrance in making music)

And you may find out you have yourown style or sound without being aware of it - but trust me, others do pick up on it.