Hi

• beat this! voting starts in...

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Hi, i'm new to this forum !
I've just decided to go into producing and engineering of hip hop. I've been Djing for just over 3 years now but now i want to go into producing more seriously, i've already messed around on a couple of producing programs but want to take it more seriously now ! I'm gonna start to build up gear for my home studio ! Do u guys recommend going to a school of music to do a music production course of is it better to go straight into the industry as an assitant and work my way up !?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome.

As for your question, is it producing you want to get into? Or engineering? If it's producing I'd recommend learning things by practicing with some equipment at home, and after a while maybe getting an internship at a studio.

If you mean engineering, then school is the way to go.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Cheers for the advice, i'm not really sure what to do i want to become a producer eventually but in hip hop especially the producers seem to do a lot of the beat making and engineering themselves ! I think i'm gonna get some stuff together at home and also maybe go to a scholl then see how i go from there !