If you could....

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
If you could interview one famous producer who would it be....and why?

Me- I would have to interview my man... Big Q(Qunicy Jones) and ask him how does he do it.... be droppin beats way better the Rap game came around....for TV to Movies....Stanford and Son to Austin Powers....the man has skills....

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
The Alchemist and Dj Quik.

AL because his sample technique is crazy."Every dollar i spend on wax i turn it back into cash..." aint that the fuckin truth.

Quik because he reminds me of an old school jazz player, the type that cant read music but just his record and start playin, thats him, he amazes me.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Martin Hannett. I'm sure not a lot of you guys know him, he was an English producer from the late 70's and 80's who put together the two Joy Division albums. He did a lot of field recording stuff with a tape deck and microphone of weird stuff like old rusty elevators and mixed it in with the band's songs as 'ear candy'. He also used effects very creatively (remember, at the time not many people had them; nowadays everyone has effects).

If any of you have seen the movie 24 Hour Party People, they have a few little snippets about him, he's the fat guy who drinks and does a ton of drugs while mixing.

Unfortunately he's dead; if his condition changes I'll see if he'll maybe do a phone interview.

Nick

D

Deez

Probably like Rodney Jerkins........... Mr. Quincy Jones(that dude was on fire for years... still is goddammit), Barry Gibbs(was such a pimp).
I highly respect those pop pioneer producers, those producers that made their music sell, just as much as the artists singing over them!!!!
Dz

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Large Professor! No Question!

I love his no nonsense style of production. The "in the pocket beats" , rugged basslines and obscure loops are his trademarks. Akinyele's "Vagina Diner" CD is one of my favorites.

members online