If You Couldn't Sample???

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I was reading an interview about the troubles of clearing samples, and I Thought, What would happen if you couldnt sample anything??? What if it was banned??? or if you Blew the fnck up and your every beat was combed through for any/every infringment???

Would you take the monetary hit?? Dig deeper?? get stuck and Quit?? Learn to make your own???

In a world with out sampling where do you fall in???

I'm getting pretty good on the composing tip so I'd be alright

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
i do both as it is already. sometimes ill sample, interpolate it and switch it up once the beat is done and pull the sample out. some of my best beats have come this way.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Dig way deeper..

Composing is good too, which what I've started doing a pretty recently...

But there's nothing like listening to a sample, chopping it up and making it sound epic......

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
LOL cool! There are way less samplers here than I thought!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
of coarse not, but from a business standpoint it isnt really...economical. reminds me of the whole love vs money problem! I rarely sample these days but when I do its MURDER!!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I would continue to sample and just chop the sample down to unrecognizable levels. That would be BS, though. Sampling is what Hip Hop was about in the beginning. B-Boys danced off of breaks in the record, DJ's scratched certain parts of the record, and beats were taken from breaks in records. They couldn't outlaw it anyway, just charge you for using it. I feel like Madlib does, unless I am mainstream enough for them to care, it doesn't matter. Keep it underground and it's all good. LOL!