I'm 3ternal...

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
LOL just introducing myself.

Three is my lucky number and 'E.1999 Eternal' is my favorite album (production wise) and the one that really made me contemplate the idea of making beats, hence '3ternal'. I've been learning everything to make beats, and experienced roughly 7-8 years. That however, has been over the course of almost 20 years of inspiration coming and going, and life getting in the way. And youngsters don't realize how easy they have it, there was no Youtube when I started out.

I'd like to think of myself overall a student of music. There are so many different things to learn between the music side, mixing, songwriting and arrangement, etc., etc. Over the years my focus went from learning programming within a DAW, to more emphasis on sound design, to now I'm getting to be more instrument oriented. Learning these new things kinda ties into the overall big picture, which for me is ultimately making great beats and songs, in whatever styles and genres I'd like to.

I've been around a long time, learning, posting on other sites. I appreciate feedback and am here to learn and help others learn, and shake the rust off.

Anyways here's first beat I'm dropping on this site. It's a flip although I didn't use much of the song I sampled from. In that process I luckily found some foreign acapella on youtube that fits the beat amazingly. No idea what he's talking about though. I realize it sounds good. I'm about 6 hours deep into it, but there's still at least about 2-3 hours or so of mixing I need to do. Just taking care of little details, cleaning things up too. It's nowhere near a finished beat yet, but you get the picture:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to the ILL! It's true how today it's so much simpler to learn stuff mostly because of Youtube. It's crazy how convenient it is.

That's a solid beat! What are you using in your setup?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @3ternal and what other sites?

LOL just introducing myself.

Three is my lucky number and 'E.1999 Eternal' is my favorite album (production wise) and the one that really made me contemplate the idea of making beats, hence '3ternal'. I've been learning everything to make beats, and experienced roughly 7-8 years. That however, has been over the course of almost 20 years of inspiration coming and going, and life getting in the way. And youngsters don't realize how easy they have it, there was no Youtube when I started out.

I'd like to think of myself overall a student of music. There are so many different things to learn between the music side, mixing, songwriting and arrangement, etc., etc. Over the years my focus went from learning programming within a DAW, to more emphasis on sound design, to now I'm getting to be more instrument oriented. Learning these new things kinda ties into the overall big picture, which for me is ultimately making great beats and songs, in whatever styles and genres I'd like to.

I've been around a long time, learning, posting on other sites. I appreciate feedback and am here to learn and help others learn, and shake the rust off.

Anyways here's first beat I'm dropping on this site. It's a flip although I didn't use much of the song I sampled from. In that process I luckily found some foreign acapella on youtube that fits the beat amazingly. No idea what he's talking about though. I realize it sounds good. I'm about 6 hours deep into it, but there's still at least about 2-3 hours or so of mixing I need to do. Just taking care of little details, cleaning things up too. It's nowhere near a finished beat yet, but you get the picture:

Welcome to our beat pit, see you in battles! btw get yourself a good profile pic, it's good luck.

3ternal

ILLIEN
Welcome to the ILL! It's true how today it's so much simpler to learn stuff mostly because of Youtube. It's crazy how convenient it is.

That's a solid beat! What are you using in your setup?

I use Reason 5.0 and FL 20. I only use FL for Edison. Reason is my main DAW though I'm pretty capable in either. I just hate FL's user interface vs. Reason's.

As for the YouTube comment, I wasted about a good 2-3 years wandering through FL, barely knowing how to use it. It was a lot of clicking this and that without knowing what it did. I didn't start significantly improving until I had internet, a computer, and decided to search vids on YouTube (05-06). The first channels I learned from were Warbeats and Ace Pinkter. Then I started posting on Future Producers and taking music courses in college.

3ternal

ILLIEN
Nice introduction, welcome to ill. I think the beat would be better without the vocal personally. Nice mix of sampled and composed.
When you say shaking off the rust, did you take a break from music?

I always take breaks, that's just life. By shaking off the dust I mean that was the first beat I sat down and made to a passable level in like 6-7 years.

I haven't been making beats like I used to. I've been interested in learning to play instruments, read and write music in that time. I didn't take a break from music, I took a break from making beats (only so many hours in a day). I'm always trying to learn about music.

members online