internship

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
wassup fam..im interveiwing for an internship at a major record label.....im sure that i can get it... me bein my smooth talkin self and all but what will this do for me? the internship dont pay notinh cept for my bus and subway tix. What can an internship do forme? Do they just want you to work for free for a few months then be on your way? will they allow me to have any creative output? Has anyone else done this or something similiar? hit me wwit sum feedback......peace

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
this would definitely give you an outlet to work on your career. or should i say jump start your career. connect with people. know faces. try to let people listen to what you have to say. but also, try not to be too offensive and too in-your-face about it. over-all its a good learning experience and its definitely a foot in the door. the money will come later! dont be like them foolz on makin' the band! (haha)

by the way, how did you get the interview?? did u go through your school or something or did you just call up the record label? im in LA and i was thinking of trying to come up with the same situation. hit me back up or email me at th3dworldrecords@comcast.net

P.E.A.C.E.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i was surfin on da net on a site called monstertak..(its kinda like monster cept for its for people in or recently graduted college) for music industry jobs and that was one that came up..it was pretty random. i emailed them my resume and cover letter(which explained that i was a young dude,motivated entrepeneur, mad determined to suceed in tha music business and allthat) and they emailed me back the next day..they did want college credit for the inetrnship and luckily i was able to get it (im just 3 credits from graduatin and it was on mad short notice) but yeah man i hope this shit works out aight..im mad broke and nyc is not the place to be broke....lol

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

AWESOME! I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Sure, your ass will be broke for a while, but thousands upon thousands of white hippies and ghetto kids have lived off diets of Ramen and Kool Aid for decades, you'll get through it.

You'll probably be someone's bitch there for a while, but if you go there pretending to be a sponge, you'll learn a lot.

Take care,

Nick

PS What are you getting your degree in?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
so what you're trying to say is that the internship has to be accredited by your classes?? so this means, usually, the business classes right? this sucks! im a medical major!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Holmzini, I suggest that you jump on any opportunity that makes itself avaviliable. I also suggest that you don't give any of your beats away just incase theres some small print (remember, industry rule #4080) somewhere that you sign all rights to the school for anything that you make while you're there or any period of time after you leave. (That is unless you have a collection of giveaway beats that don't mean alot to you.) Nevertheless, any exposure to the business is a good thing and I encourage it. It looks good in a portfolio too. Good luck and best wishes...

--dac