January 11th - January 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
@420 - OMG! Those violins are FIYAH! and the vocal chop "Im so glad when" is pure sickness! Great work bro!

This was a dope song to flip and each one of you guys killed this ish! next months sample will definitely have to be more of a challenge...lol

burgsprinta

ill o.g.
Damn Decalion, You Killed It. Man, I wish i could scratch. Shit is hot. I like those chops at the beginning gusto. I'm feeling the drums and that "I'm so glad part" on yours 420. Good Stuff. Ight. Here's What I got.

Heres a little flip from me, nothing special...
http://www.dj2good.co.uk/BeatsPromo/ "Illmuzik flip Jan 2011"
Not strictly a flip as I have a lot of composition, but thats just how I do.

Dac. I like this flip but im not sure if the drums are a little too hard for the sample selection, the samples are laid back and softish, but the drums are bit hard, IMO. I like the extra variation of the scratches in there, but maybe they throw the beat off a little at times. You already know its dope, just trying to throw something constructive out there.

Ferret. This is pretty damn dope, really good use of chops, I like the sample dropouts too, I think all this beat needs now is a bassline, the drums suit the samples I think. Good shit.

Gusto. This is a good flip too, I like the way this progresses and subtly changes, I would have liked the beat to be a little longer though, just as you start head nodding the beat finishes.

420. Lots of variation and the the vocal sample works really well, but I think some of the chops dont work as they sound off key, it takes away from some of the coherence of the track IMO, making it sound a little messy.

Burgsprinta. I like this flip too, this is a pretty smooth flip, the chops work well together and the drums sound nice, nothing sounds off to me. Good shit.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
@2good - This is straight fire as well! A totally different approach. I like it.

*on mine, the drums are a little too hard like you said, as far as the timing, it may sound a little off but its not, it's a straight drum pattern, I only scratched the samples and I quantized it to 1/64...lol. I swear I didn't spend any time on it, I just did a quick flip to get it going...maybe i'll do another one, I've just been burnt out lately...thanks for the feed back =)

@burgsprinta - everything sounds good to me as well, very good job! keep making that heat!

burgsprinta

ill o.g.
2Good Those beats are sick. I was just listening to the other beats on you page too All you stuff is hard as hell. I'm really feeling "for whom the bell tolls". I like that dark style in most of your stuff.

I just went to your page and got some of the free downloads. I'ma be rockin "Some Rap Shit" for a while.

2Good Those beats are sick. I was just listening to the other beats on you page too All you stuff is hard as hell. I'm really feeling "for whom the bell tolls". I like that dark style in most of your stuff.

I just went to your page and got some of the free downloads. I'ma be rockin "Some Rap Shit" for a while.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Glad you like my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.