Joe Budden......The next big thing in Rap

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
For the past two years I have been keeping an ear on this guy named Joe Budden...It all started when I heard a clue tape and someone freestyling over lets get it (the harlem shake song) and from that moment on I heard nothing but flames come out of this kids mouth and to top it all of he has the clean cut look to go with is hard but yet witty punch lined flow even though in hip hop all the attention is on 50 but belive me this guy Joe Budden is going to be one of hip hops elite and one of the best artist to be signed to Def Jam

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im feeling Jump off buddens too and after reading the XXL this month i got nothing but more respect for this kid cause now days all you here in shit you read in magazines is i use to sale crack or i just got done doing a 25 to life bid but this kid gave us his heart for a few pages. Joe buddens has a great balance style. Almost to the point you want to lable him this but then he shows you another part of him that makes you change your mind. To me he is like scottie pippen cause he can do more than just one thing. I cant wait till the "Walk with me" album drops. This kid will get love from those who want a artist to drop lyrics and from those who want street. Nobody cant say regular joe dont have the package!

K

" Killah! "

Actually, he's dope, but I think as a lyricist he is no where near what you'd call "the elite."

Rass Kass, Talib Kweli, Chino X-L, those people are the true lyrical geniuses.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea could be geniuses but they dont have what it takes to become a star. I read books if i want to learn something really deep.

B

BeatOff

The only thing i've heard from him is "The jump off" and that song is trash.

C

Cyanide

The beat is the only thing that I like about that song, I just can't personally get into his flow but the beat is fresh.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Beatoff and cyanide you guys have your own opinion and I respect that but the jump off is a hot song his rhymes are on point and makes sense and he also had a big song here in new york beatoff called foucs they play a little of it at the end of the jump off video and he has another song with busta rhymes that's a sure hit be on the look out for that one..That's the song that will get his album sold and the clubs bumpin

M

MuZiKaL21

Yo,

Joe Buddens is puttin' out some FIRE right now... If you ain't feelin' it, must be over your head... Just my opinion. Oh yeah, inrcty, Focus has some hot lyrics too.

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Yall know how when biggie was out and jay z was that other cat that was doing it besides big......well now that 50 cent is out i think personally that joe budden could be that other cat thats doing it.......just my opinion

capkom

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i know yall heard joe buddens flowing to that nba beat. he killed it. He always talkin about hoopin too. The jumpoff remix is too slick tho. Jay-z got a verse on it then Joe got on there and murked it. Personally i'd rather hear joe than fabolous or paul cain. Joe bout to do something serious, (watch out for lloyd banks tho)

M

MuZiKaL21

you're right about wanting to here buddens over fab and paul cain... not taking anything away from the other 2 but Fab is a little one dimensional as far as topic... I just can' really get into Paul Cain... Not anything different sounding from the norm in the industry at the moment... But who isn't??? :)

P

Prosper

yo i got the album (retail) and prior to listening I woulda swore he was gunning for the next big thing but he let me down big time...dont get me wrong he's still nice but the album is just average...I expected alot more...nowadays aint no albums comin wit cohesiveness

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
Hmmm...I dunno about Joe Budden. He seems pretty cool and he isn't really on the gangsta tip (like so many commerical rappers are), which is something I like and he is bringin' a fresher outlook to Def Jam. But he doesn't really stand out to me to be someone thats killin' tracks lyrically (and lyrics are mad important to me), although his flow is pretty cool. Hmmm...I dunno, just another rapper to me....he ain't bringing heat on tracks like peeps like Tonedeff thats for sure (just my opinion).

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
*yawn...* that beat is nice on the jumpoff..... i dunno. mc's just dont do it for me anymore i guess....... i just bought reasonable doubt. i'm a classics man myself, but this guy looks like a legitimate artist. im just not big on the style. he'll probably blow- he seems to be more in the vein of red and meth, style wise. good to see some real beats gettin play now.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Prosper
yo i got the album (retail) and prior to listening I woulda swore he was gunning for the next big thing but he let me down big time...dont get me wrong he's still nice but the album is just average...I expected alot more...nowadays aint no albums comin wit cohesiveness

How did you get it reatil???the street date on it is june 10......I heard it and he had a few songs that people will be talking about for a while like calm down , walk with me , stand up nuccan , 10 min.....when he has 4 out of 17 songs like that along with another 6 that can be tolorated then that's an album that is better than a lot of the albums that were put out this year.....And to compare him to BIG is just something I can't understand no two albums anyone has put out can stand next to the two BIG did

CamCreationz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I agree Prosper...it seems like latley albums are just rushed or put together all wrong. Of course not every song on an album is gonna be hot. But I know of a few albums that are tight thru and thru. Every track is perfect. The entire album flows and is a total experience. Thats what an album should be. Not just a compilation of songs.

Joe Buddens is hot. That track with Busta is sick. Thats my new joint right there. I think its called FIRE.

J

joblack00

Joe Budden is a cool spitter...but he ain't no super lyricist... he is most likely going to turn out like Fabolous...Do a few mainstream dance songs get on real quick and then start on the R&B tip which is still real hot now... Don't look for him to keep up the work he has don on mix tapes...his album will be completely different from what you heard off a clue tape...

Trust I have seen it happen from Big L to even Ja Rule who believe it spelled his name with an H and believe it or not had some decent flows on Streets is Watchin and on a few mix tapes but once he launched his singing career all that was shelved to sell albums...

Remember rap is a business so if you got the limelight you got to sell records and do the songs that people who control the networks want to hear... remember black folkes don't control shit in the rap game...just the street violence.... Same reason why WU can never get back in the spotlight.... because they refuse to change their music to sell records...

Now a Super Lyracist in my eyes is a SuperNatural...Juice... Mad Skillz.... Rass Kass...Krs-1... Redman had flows on lock for a min also....

That's not a title you can use loosely in the game... and it has nothing to do with record sales...

Peace Kid

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
He also has a real album...the only mc featured on it is Busta on fire 1 song with lil mo and 1 with 112....That says alot about his lyrical skill and set an example on how a solo artist album should be

members online