July 27th - Aug 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah MB, I'm glad you like it. I've been trying my best to put up some good flip material. lol, I think most cats are just adding this ish to their collections and thats cool... I just wish they would share it with us in the flippage. =)

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've been away from making beats for a while man but this sample flipping section is gonna whip me back into shape. I'm gonna need y'all to take it easy on me lol. I'm gonna flip this tonight and repost. Trust me we do appreciate the samples and the challenge Dac Peace!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Thats whats good Tr3y, get your flip game back on, this is not a contest, its just practice. I may jump on this tomorrow myself.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Just put my studio BACK together yesterday.....I'm having to almost learn Ableton over again...BUT...I'm gonna see what I can do with this sample. I'm sure the beat will be BOOTY...lol...but oh well

DAC...that sample is stupiddddddddddd....I'm going to enjoy putting a razor to it even if I don't come up with a beat.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Just put my studio BACK together yesterday.....I'm having to almost learn Ableton over again...BUT...I'm gonna see what I can do with this sample. I'm sure the beat will be BOOTY...lol...but oh well

DAC...that sample is stupiddddddddddd....I'm going to enjoy putting a razor to it even if I don't come up with a beat.

Yeah LDB, get those sick ass creative juices flowing again. I know it's a little hard getting back into it but it will come back in no time.

Thanks, thats whats happening with me...I think I'm going back into one of those producer block moments... I just cant come up with anything that I like from this. I've got 3 different versions of this ish and still not happy.

@macndabox - I really like this alot! The drums are sick as hell, the changeups are great the only thing that I'm not crazy about is the blend between the drums and the sample. I wouldn't say it's the mix...it's probably the sample because I had the same issue with one of my flips of this song. I think if you filter the drums out of the sample a little it would help a lot BUT this is dope! Waaaay better than anything that I could come up with...lol. Great job!

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
@macndabox - I really like this alot! The drums are sick as hell, the changeups are great the only thing that I'm not crazy about is the blend between the drums and the sample. I wouldn't say it's the mix...it's probably the sample because I had the same issue with one of my flips of this song. I think if you filter the drums out of the sample a little it would help a lot BUT this is dope! Waaaay better than anything that I could come up with...lol. Great job!

Dac...I appreciate the listen. This might sound crazy but the blend between the drums and the sample was done on purpose. I sampled a naked drum roll from the song and used it as an overlay for the second half of the verse...lol...I kinda like the "noise" that it adds but I can take it out if others agree...Thanks homie!

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Oh and I too found this song a lil difficult to work with, as great as it sounds, not everything came together as I thought it would...lol...and I did enjoy chopping the shit out of it!! So great find!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Dac...I appreciate the listen. This might sound crazy but the blend between the drums and the sample was done on purpose. I sampled a naked drum roll from the song and used it as an overlay for the second half of the verse...lol...I kinda like the "noise" that it adds but I can take it out if others agree...Thanks homie!

I meant the drums (overall) and the sample don't blend very well coming through my system. It's like the drums are hi-fi (extremely clear and crisp) and the sample sounds the exact opposite, lo-fi (extremely grimey and dirty)...almost like they don't even belong together, yet the chops are great and the drums are super dope! But hey if thats the sound that you were shooting for, you did a damn good job...lol. All that matters is that you're happy with it. Fug what everybody else thinks (including me)...hahaha :) It could be something going on on my end...you know everybody has different systems and different settings, what really counts in the end is what you like.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I gotta teach these young boyz how to flip a sample and make it there own...lol..I'm CUM N

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.

Pretty dope!

Ok...here's my stab at it. Mind u I haven't sat down to do any producing in two years...lol

http://soundcloud.com/dj-ldb/aug-11-tomorrow-sample-flip

I find the best way to conquer samples of this kind is to have a DJ set up with Serato or Virtual DJ, that way you can loop a drum track in your production software, mark some cue points within the track on your dj set up to see where u might want to "chop it up". Not to mention "play with the tempo". My Numark NS7 has 5 assignable cue points and has reverse so I can pre-listen to parts I may want to reverse as well. I can hit the cue buttons just like I would the drum pads on my MPD18 to get that feel. By the time I really set down behind my production gear I'm 75% where I need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online