Kanye West sued by Texas pastor after allegedly sampling his sermon

Pastor be like: "Bitch better have my money"

What a greedy cunt, sums up those that wear the mask of righteousness perfectly.

cosmo kramer pimp GIF

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Pastor be like: "Bitch better have my money"

What a greedy cunt, sums up those that wear the mask of righteousness perfectly.

cosmo kramer pimp GIF
So it's okay for Kanye to sample his speech and not pay? I don't know if there's some ridiculous religious exemption though.

If he sampled my speech I'd be looking for a payday too, why not?

So it's okay for Kanye to sample his speech and not pay? I don't know if there's some ridiculous religious exemption though.

If he sampled my speech I'd be looking for a payday too, why not?
If the church doesnt have to pay taxes then nobody needs to pay for the word of god. If pastors can make a career off the word of god why cant anybody else?
Fuck him, he should be happy his word is being spread.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If the church doesnt have to pay taxes then nobody needs to pay for the word of god. If pastors can make a career off the word of god why cant anybody else?
Fuck him, he should be happy his word is being spread.
So then I can go into a church, record the choir, and sample that free of charge? Awesome!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Now i realise what you were talking about.

This is a weird one though. Like, pretty sure you technically couldn't just "sample" a busker.

Not keen on the use of the word "sample" here either, as technically you're making a recording. Fyi, if you recorded it... you own the copyright to the recording. But it's similar to using a session musician and not paying them. You have to pay (pr whatever was agreed) for the performance, and they'd be listed as a performer on the record.

But then, if you went into a public space and recorded ambient noise, is that fine? And what if copyrighted or other content is performed during that ambience? And I guess the question legally would come down to is the content of your recording really focussed on something specific. (In this case, the pastors speech).

It's akin to.. for example... say someone says "you're not allowed to take a photo of this" and you say you're taking a photo of the space around it, or someone who happens to be in front of it.

All that kind of messy trickery and details.

members online