Interviews King Royalty Interview

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Promo_pic_2.jpg

25 year old American Hip Hop artist and song writer King Royalty and two close friends Man-Dino and Tron J formed a group called the Footboyz. That year they were nominated for "The Best Hip Hop Group" at the Queen City Music Awards. In 2009 the group split up for independent reasons but King Royalty never stopped and continued to pursue his dream.

King Royalty has performed and competed at many local venues such as The Wine Up, Kilimanjaro, Club Faces, Club Reign, Club Prevue, Club Crystals, Club Nikki's, R and B lounge, Scandalos, Bella Kay, etc. His hit Singles "I Want U" featuring Tate and "Ratchet" are currently being heard by many fans around the Carolinas. King Royalty has also been an opening artist for major artists such as Montel Jordan & Pastor Troy.

King Royalty's fans range from all ages due to his dance skills and the ability to produce grown and sexy R&B music, and Crunk Hip Hop dance music, making him a triple threat. King Royalty is traveling to surroundings cities and states to promote his upcoming Mixtape called "Club King".

He took time out to do an interview with IllMuzikRadio.com's Carolina Cuts:

Can you introduce yourself?

This is King Royalty aka The Club King, One of the hottest artists out right now from the Carolinas! I have shared the stage with Montel Jordan and Pastor Troy. I am known for my Club anthem "Ratchet" which was chosen "Strip Club Anthem of the year in 2011" by Club Nikkis in Charlotte, NC! I was nominated for Best New Artist at the Queen City Music Awards. I am also featured on 20+ internet radio stations across the Carolinas. I have been recently chosen for "Future Flavas on 97.9 Power98" for my new hit single "I Want U" featuring Tate. The list goes on! Plus I've done all this making a name for myself and starting a buzz without coming out with a mix tape or album... yet!

Who is King Royalty? Would you say he's your alter ego?

King Royalty is definitely my alter ego! (laughs). See, King Royalty is one swagged out individual. He ( I ) is a very wise business man and really in tune with his community. He is packed with musical passion and high energy but extremely humble. He is cocky in the spotlight and off stage he loves to spread positivity and giving!

That's what's up! Where in the Carolinas are you located?

Charlotte, NC. When did you start emceeing?

I always loved music growing up but I started emceeing when I was 16.

How would you describe your style?

Wow! Let's see. My style is very versatile with a mix between down south Crunk music and R&B. Weird combo? I know! I've had some people tell me they hear a little bit of Bone Thugz & Harmony in my sound. I have so many different styles you will not hear the same sound in every song.

Who or what would you say are your main influences?

I can honestly say my main influence is life. Bringing my own life experiences with the things I've seen or heard into my music. Everything I talk about I've either been through it or I've seen and know someone who has.

What do you like to do when you're not recording?

I like to read and study the music business to prepare myself and my career in this industry. I practice/perfect my craft as much as I possibly can. I also like to plan and organize my shows/events then hit the streets promoting. When I'm not working or networking, I love to spend time with my family watching movies all day. I just like to enjoy every day being alive and well!

Anyone you'd like to collaborate with?

I would love to collaborate with Robin Thick, Chris Brown, Pleasure P, Trey Songz, Plies, Eminem, Bizzy Bone and T-Pain.

What do you think about the current state of Hip Hop?

I think the current state of Hip Hop is in a great place! People love to say Hip Hop is dead and all this negative talk but I just see Hip Hop going through a new change shedding its old skin to expose the new. Hip Hop is like the fashion industry - it is constantly changing so it will never look or sound the same tomorrow. I love it! Because if Hip Hop stayed the same since the 80's and 90's everybody would say Hip Hop is boring, it all sounds the same, screaming we need something new and Hip Hop would never be an international art form like it is now! So I just say Hip Hop is not for the closed minded!

Will you be touring in the future? I have a couple things in the works for a tour around the southern states right now! As of now though I am still doing shows and booking my own events every week!

King Royalty, every time I play one of your songs I suddenly get happy and amped. For our producers out there reading this, can you tell us what plug-in you are using to do that?

(Smiles) It's the alter ego I'm telling you! I put a lot of emotion and swagg in my music. When I say swagg I mean flavor, positive energy, joy, and confidence! It's funny 'cause I am very picky with the type of beat I use for a certain song. If the beat doesn't bring the same energy or more to what I'm feeling I will not do it! That's where I received the name Club King because I bring that same club environment into my music so when it's played on the radio, in your car or even the club I notice a change in a person's mood. It's an awesome feeling!

My goal is to bring real uplifting music that can make you forget about your long day dealing with life and just let yourself go! I am always looking for new great producers who are serious and hungry for a hit record. They can send me their beats to IAmKingRoyalty@GMail.com!

I see. Any shout outs?

Yea of course! First I want to shout out the one who has been my #1 source, provider, teacher and my everything Jesus Christ! Also I want to shout out my whole family - my beautiful mother, grandma, sister, aunt, my lady and new upcoming model! All of my friends for your support! Shout out to the movement Young Stella, Yung Ziggy, B.U.D and TrapStar Twan! Shout out to IllMuzikRadio.com and the whole staff for your support!!

Thanks for doing this interview, we love playing your music on IllMuzikRadio.com keep us updated!

members online