Kobe wants to be Like Mike!

M

metrosoul

Kobe Bryants is an extreme Jordan Wanabe, there is no doughting that. He try's to be like him by copying his moves and his style. It is very aggrivating seeing some deoushe bag like him trying to mimmick the God of basketball. Now he is in big trouble and he can never be compared to Mj.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
............. man, any 2 guard thats a great player will be compared to mike..... go ahead and be aggrivated!!! kobe has said many times that while its an honor to be compared, he really is his own man. he did pattern his game after him........however, their games are different, they have different roles within the offense, and besides, the only reason people throw that whole "he's trying to be jordan" thing out there is because he is a GREAT player, a future hall of famer ( a lock, first time) and he has three rings at 24 years old and he is a 2 guard, and so people dont like the fact that he has had his success this young. he wasnt ready, right? he was selfish, right? he threw up those airballs, so he wasnt a clutch player, right? right?

i dont use the word "hater", ell, ever, but thats what i see when people jump on kobe for "being like mike", because he came in to the league just like most young cats do, and thought he would dominate right away, and said hed have Bill Russell rings before it was all said and done..... and even Bill Russel wouldnt be all that great in todays game ( he was 6-10, 220... can someone say darius miles? how about dermarr johnson??)... the thing is that when mike was in his prime, there were no truly great players outside of Glide... and kobe has competition, REAL competition, in Tracy McGrady and Ray Allen... great players prove themselves by how they fair against great players at their position, and from everything i have seen, kobe has more than held his own. no other player steps it up in the playoffs like he does.... tmac chokes every year.... of course kobe has shaq, but name a gret player who won a title on his own? if grant hill were playing they would be in at least the conference finals..... if kg had tmac, he would be a perrenial title contender..... and if mike didnt have pippen and rodman and horace grant and a host of role players who stepped up when it was time, "the great michael jordan" would just be michael jordan.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
but isnt kobe being like mike by cheatin on his wife, if u ask me he years ahead of mj, now all he needs to do is retire a couple times and buy the los angeles kings

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Kobe is definitely a phenom...but I hate to say it but when I saw Lebron play and look like he was actually re-incarnated from some older pro.......rembember when Kwame Brown came into the league with all of the hype he looked completely out of place unlike Lebron...I think Jordan will definitely be the greatest but to have Bill Walton the worlds biggest critic give Lebron big props is unheard of after he went to see him play for himself....but to see so many kids with more skills than Jordan had at the same age is kind of crazy to be honest....I mean even at UNC....he did not have anywhere the physical attributes or moves that he developed much later after college now you see kids that can do alot of those moves in High school and score like that.....now don't get me wrong I love Jordan but I think the training programs and how kids play nowadays at the claycourt and asphalt level has bred a new generation of kids that will be even more competitive ball players because of the higher level players that they have to emulate...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
LEBRON JAMES IS NOT SHIT!!!
He WILL BE SPANKED NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
nah... i think this kid is legit... kobe and t mac and vince and ray allen, hell, even reggie miller- they are all going to torch this kid BIG TIME. but after a few years i think he will establish himself as an elite player, but Kobe has reached a level of intensity, knowledge, competetive fire, skill, and most of RUTHLESSNESS- he lives to see the other team die!!!!- that very few have reached, ever. three more years and he will legitimatly be in the a class by himself. all he really needs is an mvp trophy to make him a true top ten all time.... or, top five..... that all depends.

guerva, he is not "being like mike" because he cheated on his wife, he is being like what seems like ninety percent of all atheletes out there (and men in general.....we all screw up, and sex is really powerful in this respect...) Magic Johnson, people forget he cheated on his wife HABITUALLY, WITH MULTIPLE PARTNERS, often AT THE SAME TIME. Wilt Chamberlin, supposedly slept with over a thousand women....shwan kemp has like 10 illegitimate kids running around aomewhere, evander holyfield had kids with another women while he was still married, jason kidd slapped his wife, ...... the list goes on. so to say that kobe is "trying to be like mike" because he cheated and did what all these atheletes do on a regular basis isnt really a true statement.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
hell you'd get in trouble with women too if you were in his position...getting some easy like that..and if a "woman" wants to take you to court afterwards she can..as for watching basketball..it's a waste of 2 hours...with the game never evolving..if you wanna watch a evolving and interesting sport watch Mixed Martial Arts...it's complicated much like music production.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by hardboiled
as for watching basketball..it's a waste of 2 hours...with the game never evolving..if you wanna watch a evolving and interesting sport watch Mixed Martial Arts...it's complicated much like music production.

I take it you're not any good at basketball!!

*disclaimer...all in fun dont be upset by that remark

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think black people hate more then they show love for those who have made something of there self and only wait for someone to fall so they can feel as if there worth life aint that bad............stop the hate

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
she does look better everytime i see her, she damn sure aint gonna leave son over this, she looks like shes gettin darker, i think FAMES statement was real general but i aint mad at him for his opiniion race is touchy and we dont need to set shit off in here, keep the race shit to a minimum, what u said would have had some credibility to it had it not been so genral.....to anyone who comes across this please dont take it to heart the last thing we need on the site is this kind of tension.PEACE (and i mean it this time)

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
can anyone post a pic of kobes wife i saw a glimpse of her and she looked fly as hell, like kobe he a young man getting shit done people always gonna hate cause he so skilled and successful but he seems like a cool cat to me

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Jpeg not matter what you do in life if you're skilled and sucesful there's always going to be hate......Look at music and how many of us hate what artist

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey I can add this debate.....the statement that was made has nothing to do with black people I don't think......there are lots of people that like to see a star or someone successful fall .....that's just pure hate....and that's part of human nature....take the color gene out of the equation....and you have a valid point

E

enfinite

kobes weird

yo kobe does try to be like jordan or greater, not a bad place to try to put your standards but kobe wants also to be like him and thats dumb as shit, hes ill and all that but hes so cocky for no good reason considering u got Tmac who is just as good or better and other motherfuckas comin up on him, plus he wouldnt have those rings without shaq where as jordan was able to rip`shit by making his team so much better cause hes a natural leader and kobe aint but kobe gets his props

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
how do any of you know that he wants to be like mike? have you actually heard him speak, ever? how do you know what the man wants to be? judging by what he says-from his mouth, not some nba analysts opinion, some magazines opinion, but things he has said during interviews, he prefers to be the first kobe bryant, not the next anything. and he is extremely confidant in his abilities, and what elite athelete isnt??? when you ask t-mac or kg who the nba's best player is, they both have said themselves, and so what makes them different?

allen iverson says that noone can guard him one on one, shaq says he is the most dominant, and kobe, tmac, and kg are each convinced that each is the best ll around player in the world... that doesnt make any of them cocky. as far as kobe needing shaq, you dont think shaq needs kobe? who was it that did the vast majority of the work, both defensively and offensively, in the fourth quarter of game 7 against portland, when they were down by 15? it was kobe who blocked the shot by damon stoudamire, and controlled it, it was kobe with the assist to shaq for the now famous alley opp, and it was brian shaw who hit those three 3 point shots... it ws kobe who blocked arvydis sabonis in the last few minutes of game 3 (or maybe it was 4...) it was obe who destroyed the spurs the next season in the playoffs, hell until this year it was kobe doing all the serious damage against that team... like last season in the semis, where he went five for five in the 4th quarter in one game to bring them back, like when he rebounded derick fishers miss and put it right back in the last few seconds in another... it was kobe who averaged a near triple double in the finals against the sixers... the list goes on.

of course shaq has dominated like he does, but that is what made them a great combination; every great player needs another great player to achieve true greatness, and MJ was no exception.. lets see... best small forward at the time, best coach, most versitile system, best reboundr for the last three, (most irritating, certainly) great three point shooters, etc.... mike needed players to accomplish what he did. he wasnt a natural leader either; everyone was afraid of him, the way they are shaq. ask any of his teamates, and they will tell you he was the biggest jerk of them all when things werent done the way they wanted. you dont think that they wouldnt have been shipped off if jordan wanted them to be? what leadership skills he did have were learned over the years.

so to say that about kobe, keep in mind that at this age jordan had yet to even get to the finals and still had a few years to realize what it would truly take to be the champ..... plus the fact that kobe does what he does all the while deffering to shaq?.... i

members online