Learning SEO as a Musician is important

keyboard666

Hey guys this is a blog directly from my website its here just give you that extra push. not to hard to get started today mostly just do it in your about us section on your website.

What are your goals as a musician? To become known and have more followers for your songs? Or are you looking to release an album and need to create awareness?

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be a powerful way for you to have a higher ranking in online searches. Lots of websites use SEO and it is very important that you do the same as a musician. SEO might look a bit complicated and you could consider it tricky, but if you put in the needed effort, you will be able to master this strategy and use it to grow your career. You should begin investing in SEO and if you remain persistent, you will reap the dividends in your career.

Benefits

What is the importance of SEO for Musicians? What are the real benefits of using SEO as a musician? Well the benefits are enormous and I will highlight some of them:

• When you use SEO for your website, you will turn up higher when people search online and this will help many persons to get to know about you and your music and this will help to grow your fan base.

• There is tough competition in the industry because a lot of talented singers are looking to get into the limelight. When you use SEO, you will be able to make your website and your talents to stand out thereby giving you an advantage over the competition.

• If your website is SEO optimized, it will help you reach more of your fans easily because they won’t have to search rigorously for you.
Researching Keywords

The strategy for keyword research on the SEO for musicians website actually differs from that of a blog or a business. Keyword research analyzes how someone who wants to find a musician or maybe a band will type out the words to be searched. Someone looking for a painter will most likely key in “the best painter + the name of the city” in their search engine. However, when people want to search for musicians or bands, they’d likely use the lyrics to their favorite song or the tour dates of their favorite musician.

Create content

Once you’ve picked the right keywords to be used on your website, you must create content around those keywords. When people get to know about your music through the use of Keywords research, finding you online becomes very easy. People get frustrated when finding you becomes difficult which can lead them to forget about you in a hurry.

Build Links

You can link visitors to your website by using other websites. The more the websites that link to you, the higher your search engine ranking and through this strategy, you’ll get more visitors who you can then convert to fans.

Remember that if you do not have fans, you will get no love for your music and no producer or music agency will get to notice you. Get Started with SEO today!!!

I'm liking the good vibes coming from your threads. That said, I think I have some useful notes for future readers.

SEO falls under the umbrella of 'marketing' (such a scary word, right?) SEO is a compliment to SMO - that's social media outreach (and SMO needs SEO'd). SMO is a plan that needs a design, somewhat like a business plan but much shorter and easier to execute since nobody needs money or special permissions to sign up for most social media accounts in an effort to execute their plans.

The plans for SMO and SEO are derived from whats referred to as the 4 P's - People, Product, Place, Price, in no particular order (Sometimes we see Promotion in the 4P's). Traditionally, unfortunately not so common in music, businesses have a mission statement (A realistic and achievable one, def not "I'ma be the best musician of all time!!"). That mission is a very broad goal and is broken down into stages, usually called objectives (This can be broken down further into types of planning and such).

Whatever the mission is, will cascade into who (People from the 4P's) do I need to reach to make that goal happen? Who buys beats (the Product), who listens to them, who hosts competitions, how do I get on the radio, etc. Where are those people (Place)? Can I just pick up the phone and call them? Do they tend to use social media morning, noon, night, or all of the above. When they log in what do they look for? What would they pay (Price) someone who hasn't sold a beat (I mean.... expect to do a ton of work for free). ...There are a million metrics for measuring outreach.

That gets us to keywords. Nobody should find keywords and then tailor their content to those tags, as mentioned under the 'create content' section of your post. They should be themselves, offer a unique product, and tailor their 'tag portfolio' to who wants what they offer (in the case of beats that a lot of people).

Another note; back-linking will get you cataloged higher in search engines, unless you own the domains that are linking to you. So if webmaster 'A' owns sites 1, 2, 3, and all are linked together, that's just expected. But if site 5 and 11 (Sited owned by someone else) link to site 2, that will help MUCH MUCH more. Furthermore, just getting people to your site isn't anything more than an impression. What we want are conversions! The spender was not a customer, they gave us money, now they are, conversion! If I had a store that only got 20 visits a month an 100% of the people spent money once they came in, that's twice as good as 1,000 people coming by and only 1% of them spending money. It's been some years since college, but if I remember correctly the average conversion rate across 10,000 subs is about 2.5% - the first trick is traffic, the second is salesmanship, and it's vastly more important to making a living.