M.E.T.H.O.D. Mannnn....

• beat this! voting starts in...

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
:( dunno if any of you guys have seen this; it sucks.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2009/10/staten_island_rap_giant_method.html

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Wu-Tang Clan member Method Man has been taken into police custody on tax-evasion charges, the Advance has learned.

Method Man -- whose real name is Clifford Smith -- is currently at the 120 Police Precinct stationhouse in St. George awaiting arraignment, according to a law-enforcement source.

Smith, 38, who rose with the Wu-Tang Clan out of the projects in Clifton in the early 1990s, helped change the face and business plan of hip hop for ever. He's the most commercial of the almost dozen members in the group, appearing in movies and television shows.

He is also no stranger to tax problems.
In March, his 2008 Lincoln Navigator was repossessed from outside his home by the Department of Taxation after he was reportedly $52,503 in arrears.

At the time, Smith told reporters he was OK financially, and instead offered an unorthodox explanation:

"Myself, I'm a pothead," he told the Daily News in March. "It's no secret. Everyone knows that. I go on the road and forget everything else."

Further information will be posted on Smith's latest legal woes as the story develops.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2009/10/method_man_released_after_arra.html
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Method Man, a member of the platinum-selling rap group Wu-Tang Clan, was released on his own recognizance today after being arraigned on tax-evasion charges.

The rapper -- whose real name is Clifford Smith -- clutched an "Ultimate X-Men" graphic novel during the noon proceedings at Stapleton Criminal Court. He appeared to be holding his page with his thumb as he held the book behind his back during the arraignment.

Earlier today, Smith, 38, of Arden Heights, used the book to shield his face while he was led out of the 120 Police Precinct stationhouse, St. George. (Watch the video here.)

Officials allege Smith didn't file New York State Income Tax Returns from 2004 through 2007, failing to pay $32,799 in personal income tax during that time. The arrest was announced by District Attorney Daniel Donovan and New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Acting Commissioner Jamie Woodward this morning.

Smith, who rose with the Wu-Tang Clan out of the projects in Clifton in the early 1990s, helped change the face and business plan of hip hop forever. He's the most commercial of the almost dozen members in the group, appearing in movies and television shows.

"Taxes are the burden that all citizens share in a civil society, whether you are an 'average Joe' on the street or a high-profile rap artist," said Donovan in a press release. "Because of the alleged action of people like Mr. Smith, law abiding citizens face higher taxes and reduced government services. Failure to properly report and pay your taxes is a crime against all citizens and will be aggressively investigated and prosecuted."

Smith faces a charge of repeated failure to file personal income and earnings tax, a felony punishable by up to four years in prison if convicted. He also faces a misdemeanor charge of failure to pay tax.

He is due back in court on Dec. 9.

The performer is no stranger to tax problems.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Tryna bring the black man down...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
He's damn near 40 and has had a GANG of money in his time....I have no sympathy for Meth. Young artist need to see the ugly side of not handling your business properly. Right now he's the poster child for the word "frontin", frontin like you're all this and that and in reality you're broke as a joke. He's one of hundreds of broke entertainers..... sometimes no one's fault but there own. I could see if they never had it but in his case he's had it, just didn't do the right things with it when he got it! You can't drink and smoke your life away....well...at least you shouldn't~

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
I don't think meth is broke... I think he just doesn't want to pay taxes.

i think ur right. i remember watching a video a few years back where they followed meth around. i think it may have been mtv diaries or maybe the BET version of it. he was sayin how rappers are dumb with their money and buy chains and shit, and how he saves his money and would rather put his money in real estate or in the bank. i dont think hes broke, just obviously irresponsible. the weed tends to do that to you. It could be possible that he just doesnt want to pay. or genuinely forgets. either way its pretty stupid. i doubt he has trouble coming up with that money. thats not that much considering the amount of shows he pulls off a year. thats like a few shows worth.