Making Break's

I

ItsYaBoyJay

Can someone tell me how to make breaks like Dre used to do in the 80's, What do they consists of , what instrumentals? how are they formatted? can someone give me the breakdown of this, thanks in advance

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ItsYaBoyJay said:
Can someone tell me how to make breaks like Dre used to do in the 80's, What do they consists of , what instrumentals? how are they formatted? can someone give me the breakdown of this, thanks in advance

Most of Dre's older songs contains breaks off of other records. If you listen to the 80's Hip Hop tracks alot of the instruments were scratched into the song and not always performed by a drum machine, it sounded robotish. So in other words get ta diggin". Find breaks that work well with your style of music.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I think what you're asking is way too vague... if you want help on doing beats, we gotta know what you already got, are you a beginning beat maker... do you know/owne any software or hardware... cuz giving out a full course on how to make beats is kinda hard to do in a forum...

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
you can't make a break as such, people like premier or old dre stuff etc which i assume is wot ur on about sampled off old records for example mary jane girls - all night long the break at the start of that has been used a number of times including premier who used it on right where you stand, and it woz also used for ja rule and j-lo - i'm real remix !
So really wot you have to is sample old records then construct your drums from them and good EQs you can't make a break as such unless you get a drum kit and record it and then cut it up !

members online