Malicious Intent

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I feel like I should be hanging out in a swamp right now on vibes alone.

It's not really my style personally, but the sounds I'm hearing are all congruent with each other. I think if I had to criticize anything it would be that the beat itself doesn't elevate past the introduction. I keep waiting for a drop that never comes. I like my beats to start off small and then work their way into something much bigger than the individual parts at the beginning. I think more than anything it needs a section where it becomes a much more full sound stage. I don't think you've done anything wrong here, more than it could use something to build up to.

The second thing I have to say is that the pluck itself is a bit on the repetitive side. I like that you dropped it around 40 seconds in, it was a nice change for the ear, but it was brought straight back. If you have any way to change it up I think that would be a huge benefit to the overall beat.

I feel like I should be hanging out in a swamp right now on vibes alone.

It's not really my style personally, but the sounds I'm hearing are all congruent with each other. I think if I had to criticize anything it would be that the beat itself doesn't elevate past the introduction. I keep waiting for a drop that never comes. I like my beats to start off small and then work their way into something much bigger than the individual parts at the beginning. I think more than anything it needs a section where it becomes a much more full sound stage. I don't think you've done anything wrong here, more than it could use something to build up to.

The second thing I have to say is that the pluck itself is a bit on the repetitive side. I like that you dropped it around 40 seconds in, it was a nice change for the ear, but it was brought straight back. If you have any way to change it up I think that would be a huge benefit to the overall beat.
I honestly didn't do too much because it was mainly for a instagram video, now I will go back and add more and build up because I can hear that as well. Thanks for the feedback!

I like this and builds nicely but not enough to really set it apart as others mentioned this could do with something more.
Obviously you only showcased 1.18 mins, feeling the vibe to this one though, nice.

Phenri

Master Beater
It sounds really good, although it does feel a bit flat. If I could toss out a recommendation, I would say that it needs more flavor. Maybe start by adjusting some EQs and volumes for a more noticeable difference between verse and hook. But other than that, I think you're onto something here.

GoodShot

I really love this beat. Maybe I'm bias because I love the sound of a guitar anyway but everything else blends with it so seamlessly. Someone mentioned swamp vibes, I love the southern swamp vibes. It would be crazy if you could add to that even more with some slide guitar sound or harmonica. It might not work but who knows. The only thing I would be critical of is maybe too many bass drum kicks, the ending was really sharp.

members online