Mastering Your Music

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
I would just like to update some findings on mixing and mastering. I found this https://www.izotope.com/en/products/master-and-deliver/ozone.html to be very interesting have been playing with it for about a week now and I am very impressed with the ease of use. Its called Ozone 8 and Neutron 2. Any experienced users with any of these programs?
Very good product. I've had Izotope since Ozone4. Mastering with plugins is an art. I agree with Fade's previous comment that you should hire out, all tho I mix and master my own stuff I will say I sometimes am hard on my self trying to get as good as I do for others. I love my mixes but mastering gets tricky after. I have to come back to my track a day or 2 later to justify drastic decisions if any. I love Izotopes Insight plug to set it at -16lufs for mix and -12lufs for master, tho you'll hear a lot of -9lufs. I will say be careful using the Neutron's track assist, because its not considering the entire mix and it will not understand its relation to other tracks (masking only). Use it as a starting point if you're are stomped on something. I say get it because you can use it on everything once you mastered the use of it. But to include others like FG mastering console from Steven Slate is killer. The ProLimiter from AVID and FabFilter is great choices too...One Beast a lot of people don't no about is Dynamic Spectrum Mapper. I can go on a long list here, good luck on your journey.