ME

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Hey guys, I haven't posted here but once or twice, tho I read quite a bit and am actually new to this... bout 6 months or so and I enjoy it quite a bit and "I think" I am getting better and better. I try to make everything from scratch and insert a sample here and there. Doing the bass and drops are getting easier but I get stuck at times finding the right... I don't know, the sound to finish a beat. Like I am missing something or cant quite get or figure out that synth to speed it up. I guess I get lost once I lay the initial beat down.

I have been listening to music since I was a kid and to try not to divulge my age, I used to listen to "Numbers" by Kraftwerk (as a matter of fact my first track I made was a mix of it). I am a bit old school but I get the new stuff I think. I am not a big fan of some of the trap, as it all sound the same. I like old snoop, Dre, T.I., NWA and Too Short for beats, that nod your head shit and I get A LOT of inspiration from guys like RL Grimes, that dude is a maestro , the subtleties are phenomenal in his work. I listen to the smallest sounds that are barely audible that really make a tune pop and I really want to get there.

Anyhow, I think the new guy here, Grizzly, he is on fire and I really wish I could lay down a happy beat like he does but mine always seem to come out darker than I want. He has a masterful way with his synths and that is what I am missing most I think.

Is there somewhere on this forum where you can colab with people? Like here's my beat, ideas? Whats it missing and where should I go from here? Share a wav file or sample? I have one I am working on now and the bass-line and beat itself I think is fire, but it is missing that something, that melody and I cant find the right synth/sample/sound to make it "There". It is easy to read and listen to folks, but sometimes maybe it would help if you could share ideas to take another step forward and get that "Oh man! Thats it!" moment.

Thanks guys, glad to be here and keep laying those beats down!

Is there somewhere on this forum where you can colab with people?
You can find people to collab with in the collabs section. You can also ask someone about it.

Like here's my beat, ideas? Whats it missing and where should I go from here? Share a wav file or sample? I have one I am working on now and the bass-line and beat itself I think is fire, but it is missing that something, that melody and I cant find the right synth/sample/sound to make it "There". It is easy to read and listen to folks, but sometimes maybe it would help if you could share ideas to take another step forward and get that "Oh man! Thats it!" moment.

Yes, you can post your stuff in "Showcase" every week but you should leave feedback or otherwise your post will be removed. And again if you like someone's style don't hesitate to hit them up directly with a message. ;)

Hope this site will help you improve. :)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah there's the Collabs section here, where it lists all the members that enabled that option in their settings. You can check their profile and contact them that way.

I'm the same way when it comes to making a certain style of beat; sometimes I try to make it a certain way but it usually comes out darker!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Pappas Beats but Trap is as diluted as all genres are which contributes to it all sounding the same but that's also the effect of tech being accessible.

members online