MPC sync with pro tools

Gboy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
what up guys--

I already sync'ed up my mpc with pro tools through pro tools's midi beat clock. Everything is working fine. The only problem is that pro tools isn't recording the data. I hear this music in pro tools when i trigger the mpc from it. However when I listen to the pro tools session, there is no waveform or sound on the track. There is also no waveform design on the track window either. I was wondering how I can get pro tools to record the data that it's receving and not just play it back through the MPC.

Help is MUCH appreciated

Peace

C

Copenhagen

Press the red record button and then press 3, that will record. If you've already done that, i am not sure.

Gboy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
Press the red record button and then press 3, that will record. If you've already done that, i am not sure.

What exactly are you talkin about. On the MPC? i thought i could just trigger everything with pro tools....

Thanks for the help

C

Copenhagen

No, in ProTools, press the red rec button and then "3" on your keyboard.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
you need to have your inputs and outputs properly routed for each channel......you should have either the spdif/mono or stereo setup or the appropriate analog input......this is probably why you hear it in the background......try experimenting with that and see if it resolves it.....and also reset the assignments for each channel to the defaults thru the hardware setup......

members online