MPC Troubles

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
MPC2000XL - 18mb - no other options

Ok, this is what has been happening with me.

1. I create disk using MPCEDITOR V3 and export to disk....(all is well so far).

2. I insert my disk into my mpc...(worked fine)..hehe.

3. I proceed to load my disk, but sometimes some of the waves error on install...no problem...I skip them and load them manually.

4. I create this kick **** beat and save the sequence file....turn off my mpc and go do something else for a few hours or so.

5. I come back and feel some inspiration to spice up my sequence, so I do steps 1, 2 above, but wait......on the load screen I see this:
#$@(*&^*
instead of this:
kickass.pgm
and can't load the stinkin disk... My questions are:

"What is happening to the disk?" Can I recover this? or is it a total lost?

I normally format all of my floppy on my PC..(windows xp professional).

Should I format all my disk on the mpc first then use MPCeditor V3?
Is there a bug in MPCeditor that I'm not aware of? Spent 30 bucks for this software.

Last question:
Is it better to convert my .wav's to .snd files before using them on the mpc2kxl.

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i would suggest formatting on the mpc. i use mp3editor never had that problem. of course any disk that i`m going to use on the mpc i format on the mpc.

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by nas2000xl
i would suggest formatting on the mpc. i use mp3editor never had that problem. of course any disk that i`m going to use on the mpc i format on the mpc.
You will want to format it on the mpc.but the disk good be screwed.i gotta zip drive for mine and i formatted it on my pc its been a crap disk ever since.but try to format on the mc and if that still dont work try a new disk

G-French

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you should try a different type of file. Like use a disk of waves and if that don't work try to save snd files.

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
Yeah I used to get some strange file names... I think it was because I formatted on the PC. but not 100%. I now always format on the MPC. You can still load onto this format from Windows professional but I find using MPC editor, I need to save the completed outputted program onto the PC first and then copy it onto the ZIP.

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
You should have just one disk for your pc to transfer files from the computer to the mpc. Do not use the same disk on the pc and the mpc because the computer seems to mess up files that way . that may be the problem you are having try it out.

members online