N*gga tried to SON me dog!?!?!? WTF?

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
damn bro,,,ya got nobody to blame but yaself kid,,,i been in similar situations almost,,,,but yo, now ya know,,,peep this.

dog, its a mixtape, what in the world is copyrighting gonna do??? What am I gonna do, sue Cutta? Ruin every existing opportunity I have to get on his future mixtapes?

Like I said before it all worked out to the best, I got future slots lined up for me and my rappers on his mixtapes. the whole thing is that it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, makes me wanna fat somebody's lip, but I ain't takin it there (that's why I ain't namin no names) because that would hurt me in the long run. All this worked out more to the good than to the bad so its a little easier to swallow.

By the way, the beat is copyrighted... But I ain't finna sue cutta, I'd lose more than I would gain. and I can't sue the cat that jacked me because his name ain't even on the shit, nowhere near the mixtape.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
mp3 said:
dog, its a mixtape, what in the world is copyrighting gonna do??? What am I gonna do, sue Cutta? Ruin every existing opportunity I have to get on his future mixtapes?

Like I said before it all worked out to the best, I got future slots lined up for me and my rappers on his mixtapes. the whole thing is that it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, makes me wanna fat somebody's lip, but I ain't takin it there (that's why I ain't namin no names) because that would hurt me in the long run. All this worked out more to the good than to the bad so its a little easier to swallow.

By the way, the beat is copyrighted... But I ain't finna sue cutta, I'd lose more than I would gain. and I can't sue the cat that jacked me because his name ain't even on the shit, nowhere near the mixtape.

bro, its not a matter of suin the dude,,,but use that copyright info to your advantage,,,,that cat sounded fuckin slimey to begin wit. Mixtape or not, its still yours and you deserve recognition. In this business a mixtape can make or break anyone. So if you didnt get recognition on something thats yours and some AnR and such hears YOUR music and wants that to be on the next big things album,,,where does that leave you,,,copyright isn't always about courts and lawyers,,,its also a way to keep protected.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
oh ok i feel you dog, I wasn't even lookin at it from that angle. and like i said it is copyrighted so I'm protected if anything big pops off.

But really I'm not even trippin off an AnR right now, I'm more lookin at the streets, and that's what pisses me off is that even my niggas here at illmuzik is hearin my beat and not even knowing its me... I'm just pissed sittin here thinking about how much potential work I lost off of not having my name on the beat... damn dog I'm bout to log off before I start turnin red lol

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yeah it's always good to copyright but, yeah mp3 in the politics of the small world of music we live in it's prolly your best thing to just suck it up on this one, get in touch with P and maybe he could get you on some projects from the top, I got a rack of my beats over at the studio for cats when they come thru, so if you holla at him, I know first hand that you could its a matter of whether you can just get access, and even though I aint like a close friend or nothing, I was just in a session on Saturday all day with him and Red Cafe from BK recording...P seems like the type cat that would listen and maybe help you out man.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
we already been in contact and like I said me and my niggas got a slot on at least one upcoming mixtape and more of them in the works. I went to school with cutta, I didn't know him like that but we was cool, he cut my hair a few times back in the day (hence the nickname), and shit is still gravy between us.

big d we gotta hook up homie.

M

monokrome

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents here...

The diff between saying no and going with it, would be, considering he disrespecting you:
A) He's gonna move it, are you gonna get royalties from what he pushes?
B) Even if not, if you're track is fire, and is going to get a buzz going, it may still be worth it. Maybe offer it for less in that case.

That's just how I see it...