NBA fakes but they get increasingly more bamboozling

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Them be some nice fakes!

I was watching a bit of the Raptors vs Celtics last night and once again, the NBA today is trash. It's so hard to watch without me yelling at every play lol. These guys dribble in, pass it, then they get open for a nice shot around the top of the key and the pass it to the corner to a guy being covered!!! Then of course it's a brick.

The game has changed so much and the short jumpers pretty much don't exist anymore. And don't get me started on how come 7 footers are playing the perimeter and shooting 3's.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Them be some nice fakes!

I was watching a bit of the Raptors vs Celtics last night and once again, the NBA today is trash. It's so hard to watch without me yelling at every play lol. These guys dribble in, pass it, then they get open for a nice shot around the top of the key and the pass it to the corner to a guy being covered!!! Then of course it's a brick.

The game has changed so much and the short jumpers pretty much don't exist anymore. And don't get me started on how come 7 footers are playing the perimeter and shooting 3's.
Yeah I feel you.

It just reminds you of the park (and even moreso now as a result) where people who can't shoot 3s are just chucking up random 3s constantly. Of course, majority bricks and airballs.

Saying that, out of nowhere (and I have no idea how), I suddenly have developed 'logo range'. It's kinda fucked up my normal 3, but I'm knocking down pretty consistently from good distance behind the ark. It's stupid.

However, I feel like it's about time for a new change/era in ball, and I think we're going to start seeing more technical big-men. Like still playing the post, but with (hopefully) some fancy moves and clever little dimes to players making cuts. We'll see.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
However, I feel like it's about time for a new change/era in ball, and I think we're going to start seeing more technical big-men. Like still playing the post, but with (hopefully) some fancy moves and clever little dimes to players making cuts. We'll see.
Exactly. I used to LOVE to see a 3 pointer but that was back in the 90s. It was used when it was needed or if someone was on fire. But it's the analytics that has ruined it so people that shouldn't be shooting 3s are doing it. Besides that though, the main issue is that players aren't creating their own shot. They go in, kick out, then pass until someone's open. It's so annoying.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Exactly. I used to LOVE to see a 3 pointer but that was back in the 90s. It was used when it was needed or if someone was on fire. But it's the analytics that has ruined it so people that shouldn't be shooting 3s are doing it. Besides that though, the main issue is that players aren't creating their own shot. They go in, kick out, then pass until someone's open. It's so annoying.
it would definitely be good to see more of the mid-range game come back.

Nothing wrong with people shooting 3s, but would love to see the full broad range of basketball on display.

The next real 'threat' tho, is these 7'4 freak of nature guard type players.

I think it's kind of a shame, as height can be such a game-breaker in basketball. Usually height comes with its disadvantages, but when those negatives aren't present, it's just cheat code.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm old school. I like to see big guys banging each other down low :woot: in the paint and throwing it down. But with the rules today, anything physical and you get 8 technicals immediately.

members online