Need help with Contracts

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ill tell you, and im sure Fade will tell you too! sign up for the artist section and you will get a copy of a contract to sell your beats!

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hotshotz i have a few contracts that i got off of searching on the net with little revising you can pretty much see what it is that you want. You can search for them or pm me your email address and i will send you the ones that i have found.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah there's some free ones out there. I don't know of any from other sites that you could use freely. The one I have in the Artists section was something I did up myself (after tweaking a bit of another contract).

But if you search Google, trust me you'll find something. If the contract is really long, it doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

FlipDaSoulfisha

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yo! It can be easy......!

Make up a small list of the things or "Stipulations" in reguards to what your looking for and looking to achieve after the track has been sold!

For instance I have a "Promotional Use Only" contract, which allows a client to purchase a track and use it for the period of 15 months! I charge them an affordable price...that way I'm getting paid & I'm not breaking thier pockets either! They get to use the track for Shows, their Demos, ect... I still own the rights to the track, while all they are doing is buying the right to write, record , & perform in a "Promotional" atmosphere! Believe me I get Heads that are not really that tight, but they do what to purchase tracks! After 15 months & they haven't done anything with it the track again is open, or they have the right to roll it over for another 15 months! If they were to get signed or were to get payed a substancial amount of $ for thier performances it would be considered "Non-Promotional" and we would renegotiate the terms! Also, with you owning the rights to the track still, If someone in the industry should happen to hear one of your tracks & want to purchase it!!!!!!! For some real Dough!!!!! You could sell itto them! In return you would have to supply your client with a replacement track. It also doesn't limit your chance of getting to that "Industry Level" as a producer because "That Beat Is Taken....Sorry!" Hell No!!!! More like "No Problem You Want It ....You Got it!" These are some Ideas of How you can consrtuct a custom Sound Recording Contract for your clients!!!!!

Hope that helps!!!!!!!

Peace, Love, & Hip Hop!

Flip Da SoulFisher

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i normally dont care about this shit but i posted something which i felt would be useful and it got deleted, that was real assholish of somebody to do.